mp3 to midi

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by aminehaha, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aminehaha

aminehaha New Member

can you please fin this software . i found one but it didin't work
    sorry for my bad english i'm french
  2. Demo

Demo New Member

it isn't possible to convert mp3 to midi.... you couls buy (???) Mobile Music Polyphonic 1.5 because with this program you can convert mp3 to mmf and with PSMplayer you can convert mmf to midi.... I don't know if this works....
  3. shaft99

shaft99 New Member

This software is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
    It would be great if it was possible.
  4. alx

alx New Member

The only way to convert mp3/audio to midi is with the human ear. There is no way software (today) can pick out all the frequencies in musc and translate them into seperate midi channels. Let alone programming drums etc. One day maybe, but by that time we will probably have replaced midi with something better.
  5. linkin1

linkin1 New Member

There are programs out there that claim to turn a wav file to an midi file but they are crap.
  6. savinallmylu

savinallmylu New Member

there are quite a few apps that can change simple melodies in to midi i think - but when it comes to whole songs there is nothign that works that well.
  7. saxmidiman

saxmidiman Member

If there was such a software program, this site would not even exist. Stop it all of you. If we had the software to do this, everyone would have it and all of us would be blissful for the ability to have midi as good as the original mp3/wave file.

It does not exist in the way we would want it is the bottom line.
  8. uatuba

uatuba New Member

Monophonic wavs can be converted

You can convert wav files that only have one melodic line. Some programs can even do it in real time (though I have not seen any that are publicly available). It really isn't worth it; stick with arranging.
  9. juan11

juan11 New Member

find a mono sound mp3 turn it into a wav file and convert it into a midi, maybe it'll work
  10. kala

kala New Member

I have the polyphonic program and it doesn't convert songs very well. I tried converting "Until the Day I Die" by Story of the Year (rock) and it came out terribly. It might work if you were trying something slower with no distortion.
  11. juan11

juan11 New Member

could be like that,i don't know...:confused2
  12. saxmidiman

saxmidiman Member

It won't work the way you would like. The programs cannot separate guitars and vocals and pianos and drums. It can only evaluate the pitches given to it, analyze the pitch and duration and lay it down as a midi note. Overtones can create problems.

Just work hard on your own ear. It's more rewarding. If you need to, get a Chronotron for your Windows media player or Winamp and slow it down. You'll get great results. THERE IS NO SHORTCUTS SO ALL OF YOU STOP IT!!!!!
    :nono:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.