MP3 to Midi

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by eFonzi, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eFonzi

eFonzi New Member

I noticed that there have been some people wondering about converting MP3's to Midis. A nearly impossible task, however I might suggest the software at http://www.intelliscore.net/ . Curious how others feel about this one.
  2. fwhone

fwhone New Member

For the past few months I have been searching for a good mp3 to midi converter. After trying out about 6 or 7 of them let me tell you two things.
    First anyone who dreams of having a mp3 turned into a perfect midi will just have to wait another year or two. At their best they produce files which are so had to work with that you might as well look for the sheet music and use a program like Sharp Eye (scan to midi reader).
    Second, of all the ones I have tried Intelliscore is way down on the list. Even though they claim it can handle polyphonic tracks, the results are weird at best...and not the clearest program either.
    The best one I've found is from Russia and is call WIDI music reconition. It too is far from perfect but at least they seem to be on the right track.
  3. peteevick

peteevick New Member

This task will be impossable for a long long time
  4. Boovi

Boovi New Member

widi is good for this
  5. Bond007

Bond007 New Member

Digital-Ear is another good 1
  6. ThaFlizzle

ThaFlizzle New Member

Ya can certainly convert it, but the problem is it's gonna be a bastardized version.
  7. italian_psyc

italian_psyc New Member

if tried it but i don't like the fact that the singers sound like a female humming the lyrics
  8. rokizzle

rokizzle New Member

yea the time i took time to try and do this process was very unsuccesfull and very very bad.. haha it sounded nothing like it was supposed to
  9. hinicko

hinicko New Member

I've tried it.... I think using intelliscore and with very limited success.... it tended to find the most dominant voice in the MP3 and allocate a midi note to it! :eek:
  10. Rankinfile

Rankinfile Guardian Angel

Best bet is to either write the midi yourself or find someone else that's already written it. Those mp3 to midi programs are pretty much a waste of time unless you're just converting one voice like a piano or something. Even then they need lots of tweaking.
  11. Manu-le Si

Manu-le Si New Member

The only way Widi works acceptably is to let it recognize recorded singing without Playback or something like this without polyphony!
    Greetz
    Manu-le Si
  12. Graeme

Graeme New Member

This task will never be possible. Anyone with a basic understanding of the physics of audio will tell you this. There's a lot of companies trying to convince us otherwise but, as the reports here will tell you, it simply does not work (and it never will).

Look upon it as baking a cake and then being asked to turn it back into eggs, flour and sugar.
  13. Radditz234

Radditz234 New Member

Its not impossible. Just very very difficult :p
  14. Graeme

Graeme New Member

No - it's impossible.

Better minds than yours or mine have been all through this before - it can't be done.

Just sit back and have a think about what you are trying to achieve here and it should be plain why you can't do it.
  15. KhuLie

KhuLie New Member

We have to satisfy for now about all of them I think, just wait and see for another waiting............. :(
  16. gstar

gstar New Member

It probally going to be a longer wait then a mear year or 2.
  17. Graeme

Graeme New Member

It certainly is - you'll have to wait until Hell freezes over. No matter what others might tell you - it can't be done!
  18. Graeme

Graeme New Member

What do you expect it to sound like - a singer? If so, then you have little understanding of what midi is and how it works.
  19. immortal636

immortal636 New Member

i like the WIDI it might be the best so far
  20. Sk8er

Sk8er Vegitatum davenportae

The best i've done is a 1 track midi, but i gave up a long, long time ago...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.