Need Copy of Yamaha QY300 Demo & Styles Diskette

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by jlonon, Dec 24, 2004.

1. ReefMusic

ReefMusic New Member

Hi Chris... I am new here.. I did try to email you but it says the addy failed permanently.

I am just wondering if we could help each other:

I have been using my QY300 for gigs for over 10 years now and recently bought a QY700 as a backup and upgrade.
    I do have the original .Q3A file for the QY300 which is the all data file.

I have been thinking of copuing the Qy300 into my QY700 so as to only have one machine while gigging and am not sure if the QY300 styles are readable by the QY700..... so I tried to save some of the QY300 styles onto floppy but it looks like my floppy drive has had it. I last used it about 8 years ago, and it wont even read the original QY300 floppy that the QY700 happily reads ( except it wont recognise the Q3A type file. I suppose I could try to rebane the extension Q3A to Q7A and try again?

i have also been trying out the YAMAHA PSRS550 arranger keyboard which got a lot of nice styles but i guess I am used to and love my QY300 styles and would love to find a way to copy them into the PSRS series keyboards. That would be the only way as the PSRS550 and PSRS650 dont have MIDI connections. I would then have to pay at least $400 more for the next model up like PSRA2000 or PSRS710 and use their midi connection to hookup the QY700 / QY300, if I am not able to copy these styles across.

Any ideas?

Thanks anyone / everyone
  2. NowandZen

NowandZen New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I recent brought a QY300 from my local cash convertor store and was really please with it, although it didn't come with the sequencer backup diskette.

Unfortunately messing around with it I deleted all the data and files, after trying to remove some songs that the previous owner had loaded

So I contacted Yamaha who advised me that the disk was still available and could be ordered from Japan. Great news I thought until it arrived, they sent the disk for the QY700
    Now the question is can I use this disk in the QY300, or convert the data to load into the QY300?? or am I back to square one?

I have seen posts from various people asking if anyone has a copy of the data disk for the QY300, and I would be really grateful if someone could help me out here, if they have copy as after all this time its been a big disappointment not being able to use it to its full capability

Apart from that its a great bit of kit, and while old its still a treasure trove of sounds
    I can be contacted at bwlock@live.co.uk if anyone can help
    Cheers ladies and gents
    pitchoilcan likes this.
  3. mark453

mark453 New Member

Hi all, I have been researching a fix to the seemingly very comon fault on the qy 300 which has also caused mine to stop recognising data discs that are perfectly fine. Ive even replaced the entire hard drive with US supplied floppy drive but the problem persists and I am running out of sensible ideas.
    For those who may still need the original demo disc files, I have one and will be happy to copy it and send it to you via zip and e mail. The posts on here are quite old but if you still need it e mail me. If by chance anyone had found the answer to the disc reading fault please let me know.
  4. posik

posik New Member

No one have?
  5. pitchoilcan

pitchoilcan New Member

Does anyone have a copy of the qy300's data disk? Would you be willing to email me a copy.
    Thanks much
  6. JamestheSax

JamestheSax New Member

To RESET your QY300:
    1. Switch off.
    2. Press and hold SONG, PHRASE and DISK all at the same time.
    3. While still holding the 3 buttons, switch power on.
    4. Wait for "Test mode entry" to appear on screen.

That should do it!
  7. pitchoilcan

pitchoilcan New Member

That's how I got into the mess to begin with. Doing that wipes app the song and style data. So the only fix is to load it from the disk.
  8. JamestheSax

JamestheSax New Member

What? I thought it was supposed to restore all the data! So it just just leaves you with a totally empty machine? Not what I've had with Technics keyboards!