Need Help Alesis SR-16 Garageband etc

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by Robitaille59, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Robitaille59

Robitaille59 New Member

Ok, I'm new here and tried to search the past threads for something similar but I'm just going to go ahead and post so if it's redundant I apologize in advance, it is not necessary to reply with link to google.

I have used the SR-16 a lot in the past and am very adept with the interface. I am, however, completely sick of the drum sounds built into it.

Recently (past 2 years or so) I've been doing a lot of recording with garageband ver 1.0 on my Mac. I also have a USB midi controller (Keyboard) that was marketed to go with the mac.

Basically the sounds are generated by garageband and the keyboard is just input.

I record a lot of live instrumentation (guitars, bass vocals etc) My mac will choke if I use too many live tracks (this is a limitation of both the software and the hardware (need more ram)).

So here's what I want to do and I'm wondering if it's possible.

I want to use the SR-16 and a sequencer, program my drum part, connect to the USB midi input keyboard, have Garageband generate (and record) the drum part I programmed with it's own drum sounds instead of the crap drum sounds on the SR-16.

Any takers? Keep in mind that an upgrade in software and hardware aren't an option. I just want to know if this is possible before I set out on my mission.

Thanks