New Server Space Purchased!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by tavenger5, Oct 1, 2002.

1. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

The board will be on the move to far better servers!! All URL's will change slightly however old ones will not disappear. The root domain will be midibuddy.net however johnsworld.com will no longer work directly as it does now. degster.com will remain a mirror.

You may experience some downtime in the coming days. Don't worry, when everything is complete the site will run faster, more efficient, and without error! :)
  2. advancedflea

advancedflea Nude bodyprint maker

"without an error" does that mean these damn college computers wont bitch @ me that these pages attempt to load? and Idea when the downtime will be?
  3. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

WaHoooo!! I love the site but even on the T1 lines at school its slow.... I'm looking forward to the pages loading quicker... maybe I'll be able to rack up those posts!
  4. advancedflea

I sometimes access it on the allmost limmet-less bandwith of a t3 connection at college. they load pretty sharp there
  5. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

My experience is that they occasionally load quickly - but mostly are slow.... perhaps its just net traffic and distance?
  6. dstruct2k

dstruct2k New Member

How about these damn Javascript errors? "Unterminated string constant" shows up on my screen WAY too often... Could you track the problem down? (I'm using IE6 on Windows XP Pro if that helps, but even on IE5.5 on Win98 I still get the error. Must be in the site.) I only get the error about 75% of the time, but it's still annoying as hell!
  7. dstruct2k

dstruct2k New Member

And about these "Object Expected" errors when you try to post a new message from the quick reply boxes... You have to say "No" to a debug before it continues! Annoying... :(:(
  8. tavenger5

Okay, so I get this in my mail today:

Hostcentric Receipt
    6757 Edgewater Commerce Parkway Date: 10/03/2002
    Orlando FL 32810 Account: 21353
    1-800-467-8669

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Payment: 540333 Date: 10/03/2002 Total: $68.00
    Invoice Date Name Total Applied
    1489442 10/02/2002 johnsworld.com $ 68.00 $ 68.00
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for your payment.
    Your current account balance is $ 0.00

FOR???
    So I called em and they said I used 27gb's of bandwidth last month!! That's good and bad! They urged me to upgrade to a dedicated server! .. umm.. yeh... cause I have $250 a month and all... I said 'I already have a new host ready to go'; and continued to bitch about how much their service sucks.

They don't even tell you what they charge you for.. gotta love it. The new server tells you absolutely everything with this thing called a 'control panel' .. wow.. what an amazing thing... I would've never thought to put one of these on a server. ::sarcasm::
  9. tavenger5

That has something to do with the script that popups the notification telling you that you have a new PM. I dunno what's up with that. I'll definitely talk a look at it.
  10. advancedflea

*dazed and confused*
  11. AjA

AjA New Member

but why?
  12. advancedflea

I think I can field this one (Tpearl...correct me if I am wrong plz) the origonal server company was good as a stop-go but generally sucked
  13. bolero

bolero New Member

Congratulations on new server space !
  14. advancedflea

Junk post
    Trash post
  15. Stabbedbyangelz

Stabbedbyangelz New Member

This site is really hard to follow...but it seems pretty interesting...I sort of like it, i guess new server space is a good thing then, eh?
  16. thes1001

thes1001 New Member

Could you let us know some details about the server (space, bandwidth, average page hits, processor usage and the such) so we can get an idea of how much power you need to host this site?

I'm interested in that sort of stuff -- I may be the only one, but I'm not ashamed of it.
  17. advancedflea

1001, your not the only One. I use it for making my music. I'm in class right now, there is a guy behind me and all mods know who this guy is, who never shuts up about how crap midi is...or so he thinks