New Techno experiment...

Discussion in 'Original Music' started by ZelRiptha, Jul 13, 2004.

1. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

Well, duh. :) I didn't realize that's the format Winamp dumped to.

It sounds pretty nice overall. I like your font's handling of the synths. They can be a little over-the-top in some fonts. The low-side polysynth has the same trouble as some other fonts I've heard with the short-duration rhythmic parts in the bridge returning to the main theme near the end. But what sounds good on the Yamaha, etc. ;) I actually do hear some type of envelope adjustments during the 2:45 rip-out, or else it's my imagination. Do you have any idea if your fonts respond to cc 71-74? That what I'm using to adjust envelope parameters there. Thanks again for the compliment, it's nice to know someone else enjoys your stuff. :D
  2. themidigooru

themidigooru New Member

dude, if you rerecord the the with a faster tempo and more constant bass drum, it be thee ultimate techno song
  3. Zandro

Zandro New Member

I definitely noticed that being left out. I'll include a saw layer with no attack for the lower octaves to level the playing field. :rolleyes:

I hate these drums.. they do nothing for your track.

Naw, that's just the saw wave for my polysynth pad not holding at the top after frequency filtering, thus falling back down for some more. :boink:

I have noo clue. I don't think so, but I don't know for sure. I don't know my technicals; I'm just putting samply things together. :p

All instruments have been set at a reverb and chorus potential of 15%, with a reverb potential of +50% of 15% (22.5%) based on key velocity. Different measures of initialFilterFc based on key velocity have been applied depending on what feels "natural" to me. Aside from those modulator effects, I think everything else is general GM for SoundFont 2.01.

*Edit - I think all that is supported is 7, 10, 11, 21-24, 91, and 93.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2004
  4. ricehands

ricehands New Member

5. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

I think it's all the rhythmic polysynth. You're right, it's the short attack that's key with those parts. I could lengthen the notes, but it needs to be punchy. I rather liked the cymbals, but you're right, the drums don't drive hard enough.

You're right, on relistening, what I'm hearing is the sweep phasing in the patch.

I think you're right, no response to 71-74 makes sense. But no modulation either (cc01)? What the heck are 21-24? Never heard of those. :)
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2004
  6. Zandro

Zandro New Member

CC's aren't something I ever picked up on.

*pastes from somewhere*

21 FILT Cotoff Frequency
    22 FILT Resonance
    23 FILT Envelope Amount
    24 FILT Env Invert

Looking at other charts, I probably left out a dozen controllers in the previous reply.
  7. takomastock

takomastock New Member

Simply sweet