newbie joining the fray.

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by ccalaska, Oct 10, 2002.

1. ccalaska

ccalaska New Member

Okay here goes. My first post. Ever. I've surfed many such boards etc, and have never posted. As a midi chick/pro. musician of many years, I am happy to have found a midi community. This looks like fun. I have no idea what I am doing re: this board.
    If anyone can offer a little newbie help, I'm all ears. have looked at the newbie postings.
    I don't really have a question yet, and am going to just try to find my way around. Suggestions anyone?
    Thank you.
  2. Ralph'e'

Ralph'e' www.ralphe.tk

welcome dude~ :thumbsup:
  3. Ronny

Ronny Midi Mad Super Mod! Staff Member Super Mod

Welcome along. The board has been a great source of enjoyment for me personally and I'm sure I speak for many as well. Just make sure you do a couple of things to help the smooth running of the board. Before you post a request for a song please search for it first. Also have a look at the frequently asked questions which doesn't take long and this will make your time on the board more enjoyable. If you're having any trouble just send a PM to any of the moderators who will gladly help out.

Enjoy.

:thumbsup:
  4. theARTiSAN

theARTiSAN Administrator Staff Member Super Mod

My suggestion would be to get involved.
    You will find so much to see and do around here you won't be able to blink ;)

Our members here are the best, and our Staff is top notch... You have questions - fire away!
    Njoy the boards!
  5. ccalaska

ccalaska New Member

Thank you Ronny, thank you Artisan.
    Am looking around. No kidding. Lots to see and do. I will take your advice and get educated before asking questions of anyone - especially since, by the look of most threads - everyone posting is quite confident here. I have a few friends that could definetly benefit from such community - even as we are waiting for the snow to fly here (Alaska) to make us even more isolated from the rest of the world.
  6. The Keeper

The Keeper The Keeper

ccalaska, i came on board a couple of months ago with exactly the same questions as you, I'm also a solo entertainer(it sounds bigger, faster, better). I stumbled on this site while looking for midis, and have been here ever since. Definately good advice from all of the above, so i can't say anything except 'stick around and enjoy the middybuddy experience'.
    ( I think I'll have that framed and hung on my wall)
  7. MindYOs

MindYOs New Member

Hello everyone, please welcome me to the board.....im a newbie....yea....i know, i know, it like joining a fraternity.......i gotz butterflies and kinda scared.......anyways, i was about to break my computer, because i been trying to make a few post for the last couple of hours *minutes, but seems like hours* and it kept saying that i didnt have permission.....I finally figured out that I didnt activate my account........Duh ..on my part......anywayz....im glad to be part of the forum...........:thumbsup:
  8. Ralph'e'

Ralph'e' www.ralphe.tk

haha.. kinda hard when u first start, but once u start rollin u cant stop~ welcome round mindyos ;)
  9. Raven

Raven New Member

Great to see that you are joining and becoming a part of this awesome community
  10. musicmad

musicmad New Member

New 2!

im nu 2
    Wicked!