Newbie lookin for opinions.

Discussion in 'Tab' started by Chuck Rock, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Chuck Rock

Chuck Rock New Member

I play rhythm and lead guitar in a band. This is my 1st time on this BBS. I'm hoping it will be an educational experience. Anybody got any advice for me? How are the tab's and midi's on this BBS?
  2. theARTiSAN

theARTiSAN Administrator Staff Member Super Mod

Welcome to the board!
    As far as I'm concerned, this is IT:thumbsup:
    I decided to make MIDIBuddy my home because I have been able to find TONS of stuff that just simply could not be found (by me, anyways) anywhere else. I continue to find more new stuff, and midis I'm looking for here (all in one location) daily.

It's a great place to get opinions and help from Musically intelligent people, and our Request Forum is responsable for helping more people find the stuff they need/want than anywhere else I've ever seen.

:thumbsup: It's home!

As far as Tabs go, MIDIBuddy doesn't host much tab, but with enough recommendations to John (tpearl5, the guy who makes the magic happen here) who's to say a Tab Forum might not be in MIDIBuddy's near future?

My advise? Get involved! Start thread discussions, post new Midis, post requests (after searching the forums first at http://degster.com/midi/board/search.php?s=). You'll be impressed with the number of involved people you find around here.

Any Probs/Questions, feel free to email or PM me!
    Ciao~
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2002
  3. §ereña

§ereña **The Original Sin**

gotta agree with theartisan!! i've been adopted here :p and 'tis a wonderful place!!
  4. bbaker

bbaker New Member

As a newbie, this seems like a good place. tabs are all over the net, however, be careful as about 20-30% of the them need adjustments. Try http://www.halleonard.com/ for good tabs that cost around $15-20.
  5. willi001

willi001 New Member

I feel completely at home here.Being relativley new myself...I have been playing guitar in various forms for 23 years and this is an excellent site for finding info and lots of other things!!The people are great also.
    Willi...
  6. theARTiSAN

:thumbsup:
  7. uuduke

uuduke New Member

This site is awesome, anything a guitarist wants to know from the super experienced to the newbie. You can remove all other bookmarks, save the space.
  8. huramg

huramg New Member

this is my first time here
  9. theARTiSAN

Hope to see you around huramg
  10. adougster

adougster New Member

My first day here too, but it seems to be really good
  11. §ereña

§ereña **The Original Sin**

well, stick around long enough and u'll love it here!! u can talk about anything.........almost anything......great people on the board and pros as well!

:):):)
  12. brc 103

brc 103 New Member

i'm new also here, and also a guitar player who just bought a keyboard, there's lots to find out here.

As a lot of others here i play in bars and clubs so theres always someone to ask for advice, eg that famous question "do you know anything I would know" how many answers can we give for that lol.

I'm sure we can fit right in and make a few friends

good luck m8
  13. cjswan

cjswan New Member

for tabs I would recommend you to look on google.

just type in the song title followed by 'tab', it'll usually pull out something fairly useful...

like someone said above tho, be wary of dodgy transcriptions, a fair amount of experimentation on your part is often required.
  14. The JoZ

The JoZ New Member

This place is good for opinions/advice/help...and MIDI's...of course...

Just watch out for that Artisan guy..he's a bit kooky ;)