Nuendo or CubaseSX

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by darealkmo231, Mar 21, 2003.

1. darealkmo231

darealkmo231 New Member

WHich is better for music recording.. Nuendo or CubaseSX
  2. loog

loog New Member

I think that for plain audio recording (no MIDI) Nuendo is a better choice. Specially if you are new to recording using a multitrack program.

loog.
  3. madfiddler

madfiddler New Member

Nuendo also has lots of 5.1 surround mixing options built into it. Nuendo 2 has been, or is about to be released.

I think it does support MIDI, but is nowhere as flexible as Cubase in that area.
  4. dagoodnookie

dagoodnookie New Member

cubase

your question is which is better: nuendo or cubase?

Tell you the truth both of those are merely amatuer and mid-level programs for any producer, engineer, mixer, and etc to work on. The grand-daddy of Digital Music, DAW, MIDI, and everything is Protools. And since they make equippment to fit every musicians budget I highly suggest invest into that equippment, but back to your question. Cubase is better than nuendo. It has a harder interface to learn, but its mainly just finding your way around, the studio libgo is all the same it boast a lot of options which you technically have to look at for yourself depending on which version buy. On the contrary Nuenedo has look and feel of Protools just without the quality it to boast pretty good options. There both pretty mutual, just cubase has a longer rep, but think about this for the price of cubase or nuendo you can buy protools MBox and get the power of protools recording with the options of everything and the best part is protools is expandable so as you more cash to invest you can buy larger scale equippment to fit that budget. Hope I Helped
  5. tricky83

tricky83 New Member

Another program into the discussion - Samplitude. this is very good for the audio side but not too good for midi. Howver, I don't think you'll go wrong with either Cuabse SX, Nuendo or Samplitude and Pro tools is very good.
  6. rickiboy

rickiboy New Member

No doubt that Pro Tools is the best program of all but the new Cubase SX is also a very good alternative because it supports midi as well as waves.
  7. DaFreak

DaFreak New Member

Both Rock and both have been updated to newer versions!
    Its really a matter of what you want the programme to do for you!
    Both are kinda identicall now!
  8. bajiaz

bajiaz New Member

id go for cubase.works better 4 me anyway
  9. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

Not tried Cubase SX but use Cubase 3.7 and Cubase 5VST in the studio. It works a treat for midi and audio with a S/B Audigy and breakout box. Interface on Cubase is difficult to learn so bought a few books like Cubase tips and tricks so it is handy for reference.
  10. geckormf

geckormf New Member

A failre to communicate...

Cubase and Nuendo are designed for different tasks - Nuendo is primarily for audio post-production ie mixdown, automation, applying huge amounts of FX, which is exactly what ProTools was designed for. Cubase is designed primarily for pre-production ie arranging, tracking,etc. Many of the larger studios and producers ie the Hans Zimmers of the world, use both Cubase/Nuendo and ProTools on the same projects.

Personally, I detest PT and use SX2, which has many of the Nuendo features included. MIDI arranging in SX is great, which is something lacking in both Nendo and PT, though I hear it is getting better in Neundo 2. Digital Performer 4 is probably the best for MIDI and is 100% sample accurate for transfers - pity about the MAC costs, which is one of my problems with PT - exceedingly hardware based - the free PT which is available for PC will never match the full version.

by the way, the SX interface is much easier to use than VST, and offers a lot of new features .
  11. promethias

promethias New Member

first of all nuendo is used in professional studios, but alas it is true that pro tools uses proprietary software which makes it insanely inexpensive to get a whole package, and to tart some basic recordings (OMG a prosumer level of PT what's this world gonna come too). Second Nuendo 2.0 is overall a very good program to use to make mixes and it does it well.