O1/W Disk drive

Discussion in 'Sequencing Hardware' started by easy, Oct 5, 2004.

1. easy

easy New Member

Does anybody know where to get a replacement disk drive for an O1/W?

Ta

Easy
  2. Graeme

Graeme New Member

Doesn't anyone know how to use a search engine?

It took me 30 seconds to find this link - http://net.indra.com/~cliffcan/01fddfix.htm#Can I replace the original 720K drive with a

Essentially, it's a standard PC floppy drive, which you can buy in any computer shop for peanuts.
  3. easy

easy New Member

Graeme
    I do know how to use a search engine :assskake: and found the same link and I read it to and a standard IBM drive wont do. It requires an older 720K drive which are not readily available
    Also this site is not very friendly for searching when I only joined to get a midifile.
    I find i have to create or reply to threads to earn cash to download an attachment therefore its quicker to post a thread than search.
    Although I applaud the idea of user reward you are always going to get threads for the sake of threads
  4. Graeme

Graeme New Member

You can use a 1.44 drive - just not the 1.4 disks - you have to 'fake' them into thinking they're 720's by masking the hole.

For the sake of the minimal bucks/pounds/euros it's going to cost to try out a standard drive, I'd go for it and see what happens. The very worst outcome would be that you have a spare floppy drive for your computer :) .