Panning

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by hamer, Sep 12, 2006.

1. hamer

hamer New Member

i have a band....what i want to do is incorporate keyboards into it....what i was planning on doing is findind midis of the cover tunes we are doing...mute out all except the keyboard tracks ...then add a click track to it.......so that can be panned to one side so that will be the side the drummer listens to to keep time to the keyboard track on the other channel......now i am having issues of bleeding between the two channels...the click track bleeds into the keyboard track and vice versa..........
    I am very new at this.....is there some software you could suggest that would make this whole process easy for me........including adding a click trak.....i cant seem to get the hang of it........my end result wanted is an mp3 with keyboards on one stereo channel...for the mains.....and a click track for the drummmer on the other stereo channel.....
    i also can find a lot of the midi songs to download...but the sounds are really cheezy.....how can i improve or change the sounds......so if u can help it would be much appreciated.............i am hoping for some software that will be able to accomplish all of this relatively easily

thanx

robin
  2. hamer

hamer New Member

pan

i just picked up a tascam us-122

when I play a midi file the panning still bleeds over to the other track.....any help greatly appreciated

i have tried lots of software with the midi ..cakewalk pro audio 9, jammer pro 5...even if i open the midi in the yamaha xg softsynth,,, the panning does not truly work..... :confused2
  3. Simon201

Simon201 New Member

It's probably bleeding across cos you may have some effects on the channels like reverb or chorus that are either there in your midi file as new settings or your midi file doesn't have any new data to tell your midi player to reset your reverb (controller 91 normally) and chorus (controller 93) to zero which would be the best settings for the way you have the click and keyboard sounds set. Also I have found that you may need maybe 8 beats count in for the click so that your drummer would hear 4 for himself and then count in 4 for the rest of the band to start. Or you could put in a 4 beat tambourine or hi hat count panned centrally so that you can all hear the count in.