PC vs. Console

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Angryaeisia, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Angryaeisia

Angryaeisia New Member

I'm just wondering if you people prefer gaming on PC or console. They're both pretty much even, so it's just a matter of preference. Overall, I prefer PC, although I like console games too >_>
  2. Warsor

Warsor New Member

PC's Definately

I like pcs because they are like a swiss army knife so to speak. While gaming consoles are made with the sole purpose of games and that in mind pcs can be used for games that are just as good as the consoles and also be used for anything else you can imagine pretty much.
  3. Concade

Concade New Member

Agreed, PC games I like alot more for the simple reason that most of the games can be modified or expanded upon if you will. Things like user created mods and patches expand the games beyond their original programs. Something you don't see with console games
  4. johnsiy

johnsiy New Member

I prefer consol gaming... too many things happen to pcs- ie fatal errors, improper installation, VIRUSES!!!, incompatibilities... eh... too many problems. I remember wanting to get several games for my pc, but i'd either have to upgrade, or get a new compantible component just to play em! Either way... I leave my gaming on the consoles... pc's are way better for everything else tho... like this here website! Well... as for pc games, they are okay... too many rips off each other though... game creating software is dopest on the pc too!
  5. iamkrelian

iamkrelian New Member

I use my console for gaming, but leave everything else for the pc. Pc games sure can be added on, modded, but for me, it's a pain in the @$$ to get them to work. Leave the games to the game consoles, and the work to my computer.
  6. terafire

terafire New Member

Well. I like the PC for gaming because there are more title that you can choose from. Plus if you're into Warcraft or strategy game, it's helps to have a keyboard for all those macros you have to do.
  7. somnus

somnus New Member

yeah it really depends on the kind of game you're into -- if the game in question can be played with a simpler input device, then the console is definitely the way to go. but for other sorts of games that are keyboard intensive, the PC obviously has the edge.
  8. Rich_b

Rich_b Bass Cadet

Depends, a console works better if you want the occasional blast or have mates round to play but think PC is generally better for graphics, features, saving games, map editors. S'pose it's just what you're used to really, games are fun whatever you play em on :)
  9. Gavanshir

Gavanshir New Member

The PC is the overall more powerfull system but it is a drag to constantly upgrade it in order to get better graphics or speed. A console to me is more friendly and has less hassle. And its more comfortable to lay down on a couch and play a video game rather than sit at the desk.
  10. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

Still like the PC for the games I play, was never really into consoles. Yes you do have to upgrade on a fairly regular basis but I don't play many that require high end stuff. Am upgrading because I want to play Madden NFL 2004!
  11. Farminater

Farminater New Member

well it depends, generally i prefer console gaming. But when it comes to Counter Strike i prefer the ol' mouse n keyboard.
  12. Nyx

Nyx New Member

in AMerica there will be a new console that is console and computer in one, you have to connect it on the television and there you can play console games or pc games, without installing and the same grafic ...
  13. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

I don't play games on my PC.
    I use my PC for internet, music and video.
    I use my console for gaming.