performing live setup

Discussion in 'Sequencing Hardware' started by midistorage, Jun 12, 2004.

1. midistorage

midistorage New Member

Im just kind of curios what people use live.I use a laptop and an edirol sound module
  2. kuerbo

kuerbo New Member

Desktop PC, Cubase SX nd VSti's. Plus my Marshall AVT150H, 1960B Cab and my Jackson Guitars. R1, DXMG, DK2, KE3 and Charvel 650 XL.
  3. Bladez26

Bladez26 New Member

Minidisc player, all midis mastered through sonar and Hypercanvas thru an Extigy.
    The minidisc goes through a soundcraft desk with a Behringer Ultrafex (amazing on the midis) Australian Monitor Amp and Yamaha speakers.
  4. davph30

davph30 New Member

I use Minidisc too, everything is recorded using roland jv1010,cubase and reason. It saves the danger of breaking the laptop when in a pub and getting pissed while playing.
  5. timcable

timcable New Member

what to use for LIVE

i also, am attempting to put together a LIVE system to incororate midi files into live performances. i need help selecting a good sounding tone generator/sound module.
    tim
  6. musikman1

musikman1 New Member

Intel PIII 800 based rack mounted computer
    MusicQuest (Opcode) MQX32M MIDI Interface
    Roland M-480 48 channel line mixer
    Mackie 1604VLZ studio mixer
    Roland JV-880 module w/orchestral expander
    Roland JV-990 module w/pop expander
    Kurzweil Micro-Piano module
    Proteus/2 Orchestral module
    Roland CR-80 percussion module
    Alesis 3630 stereo compressor
    Phonic PEQ3400 dual channel EQ
    Lexicom MPX100 digital effects
    Boss RE1000 multi-echo processor
    BBE 822 Sonic Maximizer
    Digitech Studio Vocalist
    JVC TD-W709 variable dual cassette deck
    JVC XD-Z507TN DAT deck
    Plextor 1210A CD recorder
  7. guitarmik

guitarmik Member

My band, a three piece,use my acer laptop which has a midi portman attached which is then attached to a roland sc 155 sound module.I run all the files thru Cakewalk 9,where u can set up set lists as well as edit all the files
  8. ajt22

ajt22 New Member

I have an rack mount with 10 channel mixer,2 Pevey CS 800 power amps,one for the bass bin and one for the main front speakers all Pevey Equiptment. For a program at home I use Cakewalk 9 ,with Cakewalk I can edit the songs so the bass track can pan to L or R in the direction of the Bass Bin. Also Cakewalk is a great program to do anything you want to do with a midifile. I Use a Roland SD 35 on stage ,with a Vocalist Tapped in.I've been doing this for 13 Years.The Roland takes Floppy Disc,you can get about 12 to 15 songs on a disc. I bought the Roland off e-bay about 11 Years ago. I started playing out with midifiles burned on CD's buy a good friend of mine that got me started doing this. I was very determined to perform.
  9. rome

rome New Member

I got a yamaha qy300 that I write on and perform with, slaved off of that are:
    Roland juno 106
    Korg dw8000
    Microkorg
    Roland r-8m for drum sounds.
    I rarely use any of the internal sounds on the qy because they're pretty bad except for the strings.