Pirates of the Caribbean (Not the Yo Ho song)

Discussion in 'Filled Requests' started by Summer, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Summer

Summer New Member

Pirates of the Caribbean- Klaus Badelt Composer

There are two very nice songs from the Pirates of the Caribbean movie soundtrack

> Skulls and Crossbones
    > Jack Sparrow's Theme

Anyone have any ideas where to find em? (Oh and I'm not talking about the Pirate Yo Ho Song)
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2003
  2. holcar

holcar New Member

nope i was looking for em too lol
  3. thesaint

thesaint New Member

I would like to see these too ^_^ I heard a good pirate releated one at one of the local sprint pcs stores....dont know the name of it offhand but it sounded pretty good for a ringer :)
  4. KaMiKaZe17

KaMiKaZe17 New Member

LooKing too

Im LooKing too if someone have it will be nice:p
  5. MaGangsta

MaGangsta New Member

i'm searching for them too :D
  6. CaptainSolo

CaptainSolo New Member

All right, I have started working on a "Pirates of the Caribbean"-medley a few weeks ago, and right now it's about 4 minutes long, consisting of the tracks "The Medallion Calls", "He's a Pirate" and "Skull & Crossbones". But I am planning on extending it further (it stops quite abruptly right now).

Tell me what you think!

Attached Files:

7. funkmasterta

funkmasterta New Member

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TWO THUMBS UP!!

Awesome job! Thanks alot! Sounds incredible!!

Please let me know when you've finished it...I'm just waiting for a grand finale at the end but then it just trails off.

BTW, I'm going to use it for some cell phone themes here I made the graphics but was waiting for someone to make the music...thanks, I'm sure **ALOT** of PotC fans really appreciate all your hard work! :cool:
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2003
  8. CaptainSolo

CaptainSolo New Member

Well, thank you VERY much... I am quite content with the result so far... and yeah, go ahead with making ring-tones out of it... just tell me when you're done with THEM, I'd love to hear them too.

As for a "grand finale", I am not yet sure what to make the finale. I am actually not even sure, how much more I am going to put into the medley. Probably something from the "Will & Elizabeth"-theme, and maybe some "Barbossa"-stuff too. It'll probably still take some time. But I'll keep you updated.

Thanks again!

By the way, how do you playback MIDI files? Any special soundfont, synthesizer or even great MIDI-hardware? I am using some custom made soundfonts to play the files through my "SoundBlaster LIVE! 1024"...
  9. thesaint

thesaint New Member

ya, awesome job! I love! as for hearing them in ring tone form, all it will be is the same file only cut for the specific partthey want to use as the ringer :) Me personally I would use the midsection part which provides the music for most of the action scenes an if I remember right, the end of the movie :)

::Edit:: I cut it out ^_^ Its 17.5K in size :)
    (this is a revision of his file, not my own!)
    40 Second Demo

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2003
  10. thesaint

thesaint New Member

oh, and heres a version of it converted into acoustic w/ just piano :)
    (just as before this is a revision of his work, not mine!)

Attached Files:

11. funkmasterta

funkmasterta New Member

Cellphone Themes

Hey everyone and CaptainSolo! I've split CS's sequence into four parts and made cell phone themes out of them, you can check it out:

here

or

here

If there are dead links, then my server must be down. Just check back in a few hours.

The animated backgrounds are 128x128 images and the ringtones are 16-tone (not to be confused w/16ch MIDI) polyphonic using the Yamaha SMAF standard. (info about Yamaha SMAF here ) If your phone support 40-note, then check out that site and download the 40-tone convertor, it sounds MUCH better!

I'm not sure what color phones support animated wallpapers but I know Samsungs do for sure because that's what I own.

[CaptainSolo]
    I have two computers. One using a SB Live MP3+ and the other using a SB Audigy. I haven't listened to your PotC sequence on the Audigy yet, but I will tomorrow. I can't imagine it'd sound any different cuz I'm really a newb when it comes to this stuff and all the settings on both soundcards are at default settings. I mostly use MIDIBuddy to find music to convert into ringtone/graphics themes. How does that soundfont stuff work? I'd love to hear how much better it sounds w/custom soundfonts.

I really like the sequence the way it is, except it needs some sort of ending. I have the PotC soundtrack and you did an awesome job w/this one! Peace!
  12. Shaithis

Shaithis New Member

Been looking for PotC stuff for ages, nice work!
  13. Adam Diggins

Adam Diggins New Member

Potc is a fun movie, great theme, great music, great movie
  14. mejen

mejen New Member

Really awesome work!:) I so wish I could find the sheet music for this music. Did you use sheets or just did them on your own?!
  15. CaptainSolo

CaptainSolo New Member

I didn't use any sheet music. Just the soundtrack and my ears (and the outdated "Voyetra MIDI Orchestrator Plus").
  16. mejen

mejen New Member

Wow! That is so awesome! I have never been able to do music by ear, gotta have it written in front of me! LOL I envy you. :)
  17. CaptainSolo

CaptainSolo New Member

Concerning you envy... have you seen the movie "Seven"? :p

But seriously, thanks. For me it's just the other way around, it would take much much longer for me to do the music from sheet music. I am not very good at reading notation, though I think you're still faster doing music from sheet music than me doing it by ear.

I have done some other soundtracks too... but I think they got lost in the depths of this forum, since there is no "self sequenced"-board anymore, and that's where I posted my stuff months ago.
  18. mejen

mejen New Member

LOL!;) I really love your work! I think you did a great job with the Pirates! Makes me want to just jump up and swing a sword around. :)
    I am going to go digging now to see if I can find the threads you are talking about. I love soundtrack midis. I tried a few Lord of the Rings ones myself but they're not real wonderful. I guess I should just stick to my piano! LOL
    Thank you!
  19. CaptainSolo

CaptainSolo New Member

20. mejen

mejen New Member

Awesome! Thank you! :) I found the Air Force One a little while ago but this makes it much easier! LOL;) I appreciate it! Thank you!
    (I have listened to your Pirates sequence about a million times now. I just LOVE it!)