Please Give Me Your Opinion On This MIDI!!!

Discussion in 'Arrangements' started by Nah!, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Nah!

Nah! New Member

Please Give Me Your Opinion On This MIDI!!! [1/19]

[​IMG]

I’ve sequenced a MIDI for a Shania Twain song called “(Wanna Get To Know You) That Good!”. Since I’m new to the world of sequencing, and this MIDI *has* to be perfect, I’d like your opinion on the piece I’ve created.

First, you probably won’t recognize the song, and in order to give a fair evaluation of the MIDI, I’ve provided a streaming MP3 sample of the song. Bitrate: 192. Streaming Sample of Song

Now that you’ve heard the original song, please listen to the MIDI I’ve created for it. This is what the MIDI sounds like to me, when I listen to it on my computer. Again, this is in streaming Mp3 format.

Lo-FI: Streaming MIDI

HI-FI: Streaming MIDI

Finally, please help me by downloading the MIDI (.mid file) and letting me know what it sounds like on your computer. Does it sound like the streaming MIDI I hear when I listen to it? If not, please tell me how it differs and if it sounds better, the same, or worse. MIDI File

Having listened to all 3 files, you can now properly evaluate my efforts. Please give me an honest opinion of my work. If something sounds horrible, please tell me, and if possible suggest how I may fix the matter. All opinions and suggestions are welcomed. By next week at this time, this MIDI should be perfect. [​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  2. Nah!

Nah! New Member

P.S.

Notes In Brief...

-I am sequencing Shania Twain's Up! album. There are 19 songs, so for the next 19 weeks, I will post one MIDI a week. We can work on it together as you guys can offer your opinions and suggestions on how to improve the MIDI.

-These MIDIs are being made for a large group of Shania fans who want these MIDIs badly. A webmaster who collects MIDIs and displays them on his site has also expressed interest. This is why they *need* to be perfect.

-This particular MIDI has never been sequenced before. Of the 19 songs, only 10 have been. I think we should do the 19 songs in alphabetical order. Since there are brackets in the above song, it comes first alphabetically. Here is the list of songs I will be sequencing MIDIs for in alphabetical order, including the date I will post 'em...

1. "(Wanna Get To Know You) That Good!" [Feb. 7/05]
    2. "Ain't No Particular Way" [Feb. 14/05]
    3. "C'est La Vie" [Feb. 21/05]
    4. "Forever And For Always" [Feb. 28/05]
    5. "I Ain't Goin' Down" [Mar. 7/05]
    6. "I'm Gonna Getcha Good!" [Mar. 14/05]
    7. "I'm Jealous" [Mar. 21/05]
    8. "I'm Not In The Mood (To Say No!)" [Mar. 28/05]
    9. "In My Car (I'll Be The Driver)" [Apr. 4/05]
    10. "It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing" [Apr. 11/05]
    11. "Juanita" [Apr. 18/05]
    12. "Ka-Ching!" [Apr. 25/05]
    13. "Nah!" [May 2/05]
    14. "She's Not Just A Pretty Face" [May 9/05]
    15. "Thank You Baby! (For Makin' Someday Come So Soon)" [May 16/05]
    16. "Up!" [May 23/05]
    17. "Waiter! Bring Me Water!" [May 30/05]
    18. "What A Way To Wanna Be!" [Jun. 6/05]
    19. "When You Kiss Me" [Jun. 13/05]
  3. trustno1

trustno1 New Member

so i downloaded the song on ares...the midi just needs a little tweaking...other than that...very good.
  4. Nah!

Nah! New Member

Alright, thanks. :) Any suggestions?