plugins?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by themidigooru, Aug 27, 2004.

1. themidigooru

themidigooru New Member

I need a site to find either free or extremly cheap plugins for cakewalk guitar tracks pro 3? can anyone help poor helpless me
  2. Zandro

Zandro New Member

It seems to me that the program supports industry-standard DirectX audio plug-ins, which can be found everywhere. What kinds of effects are you looking for?
  3. themidigooru

themidigooru New Member

I need a good sound compresser and eq plugin thats good sounding and free with out cutting out music or adding white fuzz to my tracks. right now i'm using t-racks. it works fine but it adds alot of white fuzz.
  4. Zandro

Zandro New Member

5. Graeme

Graeme New Member

There's nothing wrong with T-racks, your problem is not about to be solved by changing to another plug-in.

If you compress a signal, the noise floor will rise - and if it's something like a guitar, I have no doubt it's pretty noisy to start with. You need to provide a cleaner signal to the compressor, that's the only solution :) .
  6. Ralph'e'

Ralph'e' www.ralphe.tk

all the good ones aint free :/
  7. Graeme

Graeme New Member

T-racks ain't free either - in fact, it's quite expensive. However, as I noted above, the problem is not with the software, but with the quality of the input signal. Compress a noisy signal and you'll get a lot more noise!!
  8. themidigooru

themidigooru New Member

Thanks for help guys. i found out that it was only a demo that came with my software so i have to buy the full version.
  9. shorts

shorts Member

could be a good idea to have some sort of low noise pre amp before the soundcard. Guitar is too low level to go direct into a soundcard and maintain a good signal/noise ratio.