Polyphonic WAV to MIDI - *HELP*

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by mattitude, Oct 3, 2004.

1. mattitude

mattitude New Member

I used a program that was bundled with a program called 'Mobile Music polyphonic' to make a midi of a polyphonic WAV. unfortunately, its all on the same track, so the tune/vocals and backing are on the same instrument.

Is their a way I can seperate them easily? or do i have to go through the painstaking process of using Anvil studio to seperate the backing and tune/vocals?

PLEASE HELP
  2. Zandro

Zandro New Member

It's easier to just sequence the tracks yourself. Please do a search on this topic, for it has been discussed more than extensively in the past.
  3. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

Sounds like you opened a midi format 0 file, which put all of the channels into one track.

You could try saving it as a midi format 1 file, and then open it again, and see if that helps.
  4. Graeme

Graeme New Member

That has absolutely nothing to do with the problem. The answer is as Zandro has already intimated - and has been discussed at great length, here and elsewhere.

YOU CAN NOT CONVERT POLYPHONIC AUDIO TO MIDI - NOT AT ALL, NEVER, IN YOUR DREAMS (and those of a few software houses who try and sell you stuuf which they say can do this thing).

Midi makes music, not vice versa