Pop-culture TV question...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jeaniesing, Oct 27, 2003.

1. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

I need to rewrite a joke in the show I’m doing to include a pop-culture TV anecdote… I know you’re gonna find this difficult to believe – but I’m just no pop-culture goddess (Can we say geek girls and boys?). So what’re the most memorable (preferable in the funny way rather than scandalous) TV moments of the past year? Even better - the past few months?

Madonna/Britney kiss isn’t an option for this one – sorry! ;)
  2. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

Err... Ummm...

So, I wish I could help you, but I'm a geek too.

How about a recent Enterprise moment... ;)

(though I'd have to cogitate on that and probably resort to google... :rolleyes: )
  3. Luiza*Cunha

Luiza*Cunha Charmed Trainee with Goa'uld inside! Staff Member Super Mod

Excuse me...

Check here and here. May be you'll find some inspiration.

Good luck. :)
  4. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

Hmmmnnn... it's on the tip of my tongue but. the funniest thing I can glean from telivision in general is this incident that occurred on the news in Detroit where the weatherman who was expecting 8 inches of snow the previous evening and it didn't occur. The next evening (forgetting about the previous evening) he predicted 6". The female news anchor then emitted dejectedly "You promised me 8 inches last night". Silence. Then everyone on the set was laughing so hard they had to cut to commercial. They came back and the laughter began all over again ...still attempting to hold back their tears. I had a clip on here somewhere of it... I'll report later when I think of something relevant. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
  5. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

6. X-Factor

X-Factor vvv Look it's Billy Hunt!

how about the past south park episode when everyone in their town wanted to dress and act homosexual because it's now the cool thing. (ie. Queer eye for the straight guy, boy meets boy, etc.) They called themselves metrosexual:thumbsup:
  7. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

I'm thinking maybe a "Fear Factor/survivor" reference....

The show is a Nunsence sequel and I play... get this... a nun! So any ideas along those lines?

So far: "And I said I wouldn't be eating any petrified eyeball if the Virgin Mary was servin' it at the Last Supper!"
  8. G-man

The coolest Fear Factor was when Coolio and Donnie Osmond were dukin' it out -the two bada$ses of that episode (wouldn't have expected any less but... whod'a thunk it?), great stuff!

I remember on Survivor the few times I managed to catch a glimpse of that show... the commercials predating the particular episode alluded to the fact that one of the members was "no longer". They kept depicting a crocodile (Australia correct?) anyway the croc was going at it with some food or something and then they cut to a helicopter lifting a body and trailing off. We all thought somebody was gator meat when in fact it turned out to be a lot of drama and the guy just got a scratch on his wrist or something whatever it was seemed relatively insignificant and I forgot the whole thing about the guy or what happened.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2003
  9. chonny

chonny New Member

how bout the joke on the re run episode of Frasier! :rolleyes:
  10. G-man

That was absolutely HILARIOUS!!!!
    :laugh2: :laugh2:
  11. grrlfromla

grrlfromla New Member

I would say to throw in a Queer Eye reference because that's so hot right now, but everyone's doing QESG parodies now (MadTV, SNL, South Park - my fave is South Park)
  12. G-man

Ahhh... but instead of Queer eye/straight... its Evil eye/ Catholic ummm.... nun?... now we're on to something!:bow2: :flamemad:
    We just need to tighten it up and make it rhyme... where's Jesse Jackson when you need him?
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2003
  13. G-man

Pop Culture killed my dog

This may not be relevant to Nunsence...
    but, I just happened to have the telly on over here and there was a commercial for this new reality show with beautiful women ,as usual but the twist is that the men are what society would consider less than desirable. Anyway the look on one of the blonde contestants is SO telling. She immediately attempts to recover (BADLY, I might add!!!!) and try to smile ...but it's too late. I suspect she isn't much of a poker player wearing her emotions on her face like that. Very funny :stick:

How's 'bout Nun Eye for the Atheist Guy... a group of nuns go into a regular guys flat and remove his stereo system, all the beer in the fridge, the girlie mags under his bed, hang a crucifix here and there... he wouldn't even have to be an atheist just some regular guy... I dunno. anyway...
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2003