? posted songs in original songs forum

Discussion in 'Karaoke Files' started by grayb47, Feb 1, 2004.

1. grayb47

grayb47 New Member

If I have posted songs in the original songs forum can I also post the same songs her in kar format? I have some really good classic rock sequences I did. and have the means to change them from .mid to .kar files
  2. X-Factor

X-Factor vvv Look it's Billy Hunt!

yes u can. as long as they're .Kar, they havent been posted in the karaoke forum yet, and they are full files
  3. grayb47

grayb47 New Member

Then why didnt it let me post? Said I had posted thay file. The file I had posted was .mid but with words. This 1 was .kar. I think maybe someones being a little too picky aby .mid files beinig posted here when they have lyrics!!
  4. X-Factor

X-Factor vvv Look it's Billy Hunt!

because the file is the same
    if u use a program to make another copy of the kar file, then it'll work. but u can't post the same file more than once. The system just wont let u
  5. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

I think it's just a matter of their being spelled the same, GB. Try adding a number at the end or something.
  6. grayb47

grayb47 New Member

I went to a lot of trouble changing files to .kar form. I see no point in renaming my files again. The warnings and crap here seem to be aimed at children. And even children have a brain. give the people here some credit for that and quit being so picky on whats posted where. .mid files work on any karaoke player I'm aware of. I'll just post in the original songs. geez
  7. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

heh... if you got a message from the board (not a mod) then its a database issue that we cannot subvert...

I choose to open the file and add something inane to the "information" which changes the content of the data of that file and the board sees a different file... (did that make sense I wonder?) ...if it didn't... open the file create one more track put one drum click in it then mute the beast :D, save and rename the file to .kar

As for the .mid files with words? Let's face it... people are stupid at times... someone without knowledge of the how's and why's will double click on a file extensioned .mid then complain that that (default) player doesn't show the words... yeahhh -you and I know how to do it... but not everyone has a clue. THUS the "please post only .kar files" warnings in this forum...

This is a big big big board.... streamlining the mod work is paramount to keep it from being a total mess!
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2004
  8. grayb47

grayb47 New Member

Thinking maybe a forum should be added for .mid files instead of "original songs". Original songs are songs you composed, not cover sequences. Thanks ms Jeanie for the info though, PS a forum for classic rock would be cool and a way to contact or suggestion box would be even better
  9. vinsanity

vinsanity $¢®ëWëзµÞ

ugh nobody ever listens to that rule :hit:

the junk posting in that forum is ridiculous. people comment on files they dont even listen to. a sequencer who is trying to get his/her work critiqued so that they can know what to improve on have to deal with responses like "cool midi." how does that help them?!?!?

:hit: i'm done ranting:hit:
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2004