Posting Midi's to the board

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by ArtieFufkin, Sep 2, 2002.

1. ArtieFufkin

ArtieFufkin New Member

I just joined the forum, and am eager to get my 5 posts in, but I would like to add some of my midi's to the board as well. Do I upload to a server, and if so, where. If not, is this sort of like Kazaa where people just access the files on your computer. Also, some of my files are bastards, and may not contain melodies or certain instrumentation due to the fact they are used in a working band environment. Is that OK? Can I add info on what is actually in the midi file. Thanks.
  2. Ronny

Ronny Midi Mad Super Mod! Staff Member Super Mod

Just hit post reply or new thread. Whichever. Type your message and you will see below a attach file buttin. Hit that and browse your pc to find the file you want to attach and attach. Then submit.

Hope that helps.
  3. Gandalf

Gandalf MIDI Sorcerer

ArtieFufkin,

Like yourself, there are quite a few people who regularly access this site who are either in or are associated with working bands.

And like you, a few of their Midis are without guitar, drums, melody etc. Most however are complete.

I think it would be OK to post incomplete MIDI files, but it would be useful maybe to indicate whats missing in your reply, as you suggest.

Cheers and welcome to the site!

P.S. This site is not like Kazaa at all. However, if you become a regular member, you may apply to join our MidiHub which is similar in purpose to Kazaa, but is actually P2P and is devoted to Midi and lyrics only. See the Home Page.
  4. waitwait

waitwait New Member

how to post attachments?
  5. Gandalf

Gandalf MIDI Sorcerer

1. Click 'Post Reply'
    2. Click 'Browse' (to the right of Attach File, just above 'Submit Reply')
    3. Identify your file. (Note: Not all file types are permitted).
    4. Click 'Submit Reply'
  6. joevoosgo

joevoosgo New Member

Is posting midi's from the internet o.k.? I have quite a few and I bet there are some people who would like to enjoy those few
    favorite ones that I enjoy immensely. So what is the deal? Do we also get mega bucks for uploading?