Posting threads

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by Atlas, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Atlas

Atlas New Member

a little help please! i have some midi files that i've arranged for marching bands but when i try to post them in the midi forum it says that i may not post new threads. so if i cant post them there where should i go about posting them?
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2004
  2. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

which "midi forum" were you trying to post in? and what format were the files (I don't know the extension for Finale - which is the band director proggy of choice as I understand it - but the board won't accept them unless we set it to)?

You might post them in the "originals" forum which is designed for original works and original arrangments.... be sure to piut "marching band" in the thread title so its easily searchable and indexable :D
  3. Atlas

Atlas New Member

i posted all my songs in the original music section. i dont understand all of your questions, but no i dont write my own drum parts. other people write them for me. percussion is one instrument(s) that i dont play, at least yet. everything was written in Sibelius 2 and then saved as a midi file. the parts are transposed to the instruments major key from the concert pitch. i dont remember if i've answered everything. but i do have the sheet music for all the songs so they can be printed and handed out to the rest of the band.
  4. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

Make sure you're in the "Original MIDIs" forum than click on the New Topic button near the top of the screen.

Read the FAQ for more information.