Professional Midi Files

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jpl, Mar 23, 2002.

1. jpl

jpl New Member

What does anyone think about the pay $8 for midi files? Are they worth it to use live?
  2. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

There are many uses for MIDI files. Many of which I haven't even explored. Some use them on stage as fillers for absent instruments in their ensemble. Others use them for karaoke.

Depending on your application a professional file could be a big help towards your performance on stage or your personal enjoyment.

Then again, a free track could also provide the same thing. The availability of newer free tracks is very scarce. If you do find one for the song you like or need, it's probably not that great of quality. However, if all you need from that song is a string track then it may sufice.

You need to explore your options. Unfortunately for me, the options of free distribution of a wide selection of files was not an option anymore.
  3. Ronny

Ronny Midi Mad Super Mod! Staff Member Super Mod

i use midi files in my two piece band. my mate plays the guitar and i play keyboard. the midi files play on my keyboard through my pa. the results are fantastic. we take out the guitars and piano but keep bass, drums and perhaps a few other fill in strings or organ. they are worth paying for but the difficulty is that some of the tracks i have paid for fade out, useless for a live gig. the demo doesn't tell me this.