Punk Rock is simple and nice, but are they good music?

Discussion in 'Web Sites' started by yukscck, Mar 2, 2005.

1. yukscck

yukscck New Member

Often I hear ppl comment about punkrock and pop-punk music as simple and sometimes the one of the easiest types of music to play. Some might even label them as rubbish.

I do agree that playing Jazz, Heavy Metal and so on, needs lots of skills... But even if you don't get a nice tune, what's the skill for, isn't it? Well, to me, I think that punkrock/pop-punk has its specialty - fast-beat, energetic, melodic, etc.

What do you think?
  2. eagleeye0200

eagleeye0200 New Member

Punk is easier to listen to, and easier to relate to usually. it's not extreme in any way, and music is meant to be replicated. I think it's good. if it sounds good, then they probably are good
  3. Rodge

Rodge New Member

My understanding is that punk music tends to be simple powerchords played on guitars, with average singing, however I think that it why it is so easy for many people to enjoy. The drumming, however, is an entirely different animal and I should think you would have to be a very well skilled, practiced drummer to keep up such long, fast, energetic rhythms.
  4. yukscck

yukscck New Member

Hahaha! yea that's right! their drummings are pretty hard... Timing + consistency + speed... I dun think I can do it... haha
  5. daniluvsya19

daniluvsya19 New Member

I think if they music is an emotion, so express it any way you choose? Who's to say?
  6. yukscck

yukscck New Member

hahaha well said danielle...
  7. daniluvsya19

daniluvsya19 New Member

Thanks! Ah kinda some broken sentences there. But i guess you understood! :) I'm very open to all forms of music. :)
  8. dudeman420

dudeman420 New Member

i'm not a big fan of punk

my personal opinion, punk rock suck all possible balls
  9. yukscck

yukscck New Member

in most punk rock musics... their lyrics are extremely simple, crappy... weird in some sense, but cool in some way... haha, i'm more into Emo nowadays anyway...