putting midi's on phone?

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by NextelR1, Jun 8, 2003.

1. thomas22

thomas22 New Member

Certain phones just allocate a certain amount of space regardless of how big the file size is. It's kind of like the same reason why the fat16 filesystem for windows wastes more hard drive space than fat32.
  2. jfl

jfl New Member

can anyone recomend a good ir port to put on a pc to be able to put midis on a nokia phone?
  3. metro7i

metro7i New Member

Is it possible to change the volumes of certain instruments in the MIDI? You see I have a T610 and have noticed certain instruments are too quiet or gets drowned out by the high range instruments (e.g. snares, synths).
  4. postman pat

postman pat New Member

I've downloaded loads of midis onto my T720. If they're too big, just shorten the tune; it's not as if you need a ringtone to be that long anyway.
  5. Tekky

Tekky New Member

6. BlackHeart

BlackHeart New Member

Good Ir Port

2 jfl

Not all the ir ports r compatible with nokia phones.
    I had lots of trouble b4 i found one good ACTiSYS port - works gr8.
    U just have to cheack that the port is IrWAVE or Extended System compatible.
    Good Luck
  7. BigL84

BigL84 New Member

Another Midi editor you guys might want to check out is Anvil Studio. Download it from AnvilStudio.com Let's you do all kinds of things but probably most importantly truncate (shrink) midis.
  8. chronos

chronos New Member

I use SE's T610 and transfering files is like magic.

metro7i : PSMPlayer allows you to adjust the volume but I find that the result is not much different. Just the board if you want more info about the program.
  9. cjayramone

cjayramone New Member

I send midi files through yahoo. I have one of those new camera phones from Verizon. It only lets you have midi files no bigger than 30k