Quantise Query

Discussion in 'Sequencing Hardware' started by bluesplayer, Sep 14, 2002.

1. bluesplayer

bluesplayer New Member

Some of my tunes occasionally run out of time with the click track im putting in , is there a easy way to get the timing spot on , as at the moment i have to put the click in manualy
  2. The Keeper

The Keeper The Keeper

what proggy are you using. maybe set the click to the tempo you want, before you start working on the file
  3. willi001

willi001 New Member

Sounds like someone playing with the quantise a little in the midi file...You should be able to correct that with an editing program on you computer..Just eliminate any quantizing that has been put into the song.
  4. bluesplayer

bluesplayer New Member

quamtise query

I'm using cubase vst 32 . Some tunes start on the beat , but slowly drfift off .You can clearly see the notes in the edit screen .Its not a big problem , just makes it difficult getting the click track right on the beat .....
  5. The Keeper

The Keeper The Keeper

i tried to fix this once, took ages. I had to cut the tracks into bars, and quantise a couple, then drag all the following back a fraction, then quantise a couple more, etc, then do the next track, etc. Might be a lot easier to have a look on the net or the forum for another version
  6. lostdave

lostdave 'EVIL' Mod

sounds like the version of copperhead Road that I have...
    I was dumping stuff from my Ensoniq ESQ-1 (yes we are going waaaaayyyy back in time here) and I didn;t set the tempo in the program i was using to record....
    wound up with a file that is all over the shop coz I can't remember what the original tempo was.....and quite frankly...I couldn't be bothered fixing it nowe anyway.

Dave
  7. The Keeper

The Keeper The Keeper

i had an esq-1. did it ever play up, Dave. I had to take mine in to be repaired all the bloody time, until i opened it up myself, and narrowed down the chip that was causing the problems.
    i'd pull it out then put it back, and then it wouldn't lock up for a few weeks. lose all the sounds though. bloody terrible when it happened at gigs
  8. Ronny

Ronny Midi Mad Super Mod! Staff Member Super Mod

Hey Dave, I think that there is only one Copperhead Road midi in the whole world. Mine runs off beat as well so I can't delete some of the middle section which goes on a bit. Every one I've ever found is the same.

Yeah I just live with it now.