"Jerry Steiger" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in news:bieo9u$8eqpn$1@ID-188822.news.uni-berlin.de: > (Did you include "Gulf Joe" in your count?) No, the incognito days are best left unvisited. Before I started visiting RAP, I knew I wasn't making the best possible recordings with the gear I had. I needed to learn how to use it and what parts to upgrade for maximum benefit. 90% of what I've learned from RAP (e.g. what an 1176 is) I'll never use in my recording efforts. The other 10% has radically improved every step from load in to graphics on the production CD. The transition from Gulf Joe to Carey was around the pivot point on the curve.