Rate My Design Plz.

Discussion in 'Web Sites' started by Nautilus-X, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Nautilus-X

Nautilus-X New Member

Hey There... Erm, this is a web site forum so I presume I can post here. Its just most are about music so I dunno if I am ok for posting here.

OK, My site is called XNet:SpawnSoft (http://www.xnetworks.co.uk/spawnsoft/) and I am having a major argument with myself whether to change the design.

This one you can change with the drop down menu.

The problem is that it is too slow for people who do not have at least 256kbps broadband (I have 512) so I have had complaints especially from thos on 28.8kbps dial-up users. This is because to load the page u must download roughtly 176kb of data.

My New Design however, only requires you to download about 38kb of data so is considerably faster!!! I am wondering if I should stick with my current design and do my best to optimise it to about 90kb or use this new one.

New Design:
    Splash Screen - http://domain555737.sites.ecomediahost.com/index.jpg
    Site Layout - http://domain555737.sites.ecomediahost.com/xnet.jpg

Please also bare in mind that the new design is not finished and so there is no suitible background and half the links are missing.

Thanks
    Xan Nautilus Manning.
  2. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

I like your current design more, but then again I have broadband!

Your "new' design actually look sort of "cheaper" to me. But it is faster.
  3. Nautilus-X

Nautilus-X New Member

Lol, gee.. yeah... thx. My new design was made with dreamweaver MX and Adobe photoshop whereas the other one was just strict XHTML and CSS in notepad.
  4. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

Interesting. They both do look good, I just mean't that between the two, the first one looks better to me. But hopefully someone else will reply, so you can get more opinions.
  5. hanswurst

hanswurst New Member

Your design is really cool. It's not overloaded with grafics and a has a clear view.

I think your page will be a good one for all users!
  6. rodmad83

rodmad83 New Member

Mine simply cannot open the first one... the second one isn't bad if you need it to be fast but as CyberCat mentioned it does look a bit Cheap... or shall we say simple... Nothing WOW
  7. Mokolit

Mokolit New Member

Could not be fouind? I think i was a little late...i like reviewing websites as i cannot make em myself!