Reason

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by evmarshall, Dec 9, 2003.

1. evmarshall

evmarshall New Member

What has been members experience with Reason? (2.5) Particularly the samples that are included with it.

I have it. I like it. But it seem that the included samples for the instruments are low grade. (I'm talking about the real instruments.) Pianos seem OK, but the rest just seem like bloated samples of lesser soft synths.

I need some tips how how to get more out of Reason.
  2. thomo

thomo New Member

in my experience you can get a fairly decent sound out of reason but you gotta sit there for hours tweaking them etc
  3. gdroad

gdroad New Member

Ditto. Reason is excellent but it requires time, effort and then some of both again.

However once set up its all very nice and smooth!!.....and much quicker to use....just a tweak here and there.

No shortcuts to get it up and going though I'm afraid!
  4. twist

twist New Member

I think that reason is totally sweeeet. What I would recommend is surfing around the net looking for Reason Refills. You donwnload them and install them into the same reason refil directory.
    Go to the propellerheads site and look for the support refil section. Do a search on Kazaa... for reason refills

Go to http://www.reasonfreaks.com/ and check out the weblinks or the downloads section.
    There are great sound packs to be downloaded and messed with...

PS. I don't work for the company.