Recording From Keyboard to Computer!

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by ziggy, Nov 23, 2002.

1. ziggy

ziggy New Member

Can anybody tell me what is the best free program i can use to record from my keyboard audio out to my computer sound card I have Creative Live sound Card.

I have these programs already.

Cubase
    Cool edith Pro
    Cakewalk Pro audio 8.
    and then I need to convert to MP3 any help please!!!!
  2. nixta

nixta New Member

Fristly, you may want to upgrade your soundcard, there are many to choose from or alternatively you can buy an digital/analog interface that will allow you to connect to your keyboard/microphone/guitar to your computer.

Free MP3 convertors can be found on the net almost everywhere........check out www.downloads.com
  3. Velvets_Angel

Velvets_Angel New Member

Ziggy....
    Cakewalk is an excellent program to use. I use version 9 and also SONAR. I also have a SoundBlaster Platinum 5.1 sound card. I connect my keyboard and other gear to my computer VIA MIDI. If your computer has a Joystick port on the sound card then you can get a MIDI chord to use from your Keyboard to computer.

BTW what type of keyboard do you have? Does it have MIDI connections? Another thing is that many ppl don't like using MIDI, but prefer to go directly to .wav If this is what you want to do then, like nixta said, you may have to upgrade the sound card and use your outputs from the Keyboard to the inputs on the Sound card.

Your setup all depends on your needs.
  4. headbuser87

headbuser87 New Member

i have a keyboarf with midi wire butwhen i hook it tomy computer it doesnt ork on fruityloops can sum1 help me
  5. renstar

renstar New Member

the programs you have should do what you require. If not try Kazaa and see if you can download Logic audio. Connect your keyboard from audio "output" to your soundcard "input"
  6. ziggy

ziggy New Member

Cheers thank you all for you help. I have to keep trying to get the best I can out of my Sound card I guess.

Tony.
  7. Ralph'e'

Ralph'e' www.ralphe.tk

how much would a soundcard like THAT cost nixta?
  8. EMGHZ1120

EMGHZ1120 New Member

Dude get a midi to usb cable or get a midi to joystick port cable. that's should save you money. to convert to mp3 you need a midi mp3 converter. i suggest downloading acid 4. if you know what kazaa is download it. hope this helps
  9. Dj_PHIL.S

Dj_PHIL.S New Member

headbuster, if you have 1 wire goin from your keyboard to the back of your computer then i dont know but if you have 2 wires wich go into the front of your computer u may have to mess around wiv the inputs n outputs in audio settings in fruityloops
  10. EMGHZ1120

EMGHZ1120 New Member

wow really...that just made all the more confusing....hmm...i never really used that method that i told you cuase i just use a workstation. Ill try to mess around with my key board and hope to be succefull...
  11. nixta

nixta New Member

Frogg 007................There are internal soundcards or external digital audio interfaces and the price range can vary from a couple of hundred to thousands of dollars. It depends upon the amount and type of inputs/outputs, sampling rates (eg: 44.1, 48, 96KHz etc.) and the bit rates (16, 24, 32 etc.) and other features such as pre-amps for microphones.

It depends how much you can afford to spend and what you really need to do.

Tip:: There is NO point in buying an expensive soundcard if all you want to do is to record the audio from your cheap casio keyboard sounds ;)