Recording Midi drumming with Alesis D4

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by rkgibbons, Sep 8, 2005.

1. rkgibbons

rkgibbons New Member

This is my first post -- just discovered eDrumming.Com!! I'm not sure if I'm posting this question in the right location, but if not, I apologize.

Anyway, here goes:

I own a Alesis D4 drum module (with three drum pads, a kick-kat bass pedal, and a hi-hat pedal) and I've got the system running via Midi into my computer (host sequencer: Cakewalk Project5 2). For those not familiar, it's similar to Sonar 4.

Now, I'm running a VST sampler within Project (FXPansion's BFD) and I'm using the sampler sounds to replace the Alesis sounds (by porting the Alesis drumming in through the midi and having the VST sampler play it's samples when it receives midi information). Everything sounds fine when I'm drumming (and recording the midi info). However, when I attempt to play back the recorded midi drumming, the recording only seems to have captured a small portion of the actual hits I performied. It seems like it's only recording a single note at any given time (for example, if I hit two pads at the same time, it either just records one, or doesn't record either). So if I'm playing a basic four-on-the-floor, it'll only record hi-hat hits when I'm not simultaneously playing bass or snare. And yet it'll record bass and snare if I don't simultaneous hit any other pads.

Any ideas? I've been trying to find the solution for months, and I'm ready to explode.

I'm getting frustrated!!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Keith.