Ringtones in MIDI Demo Forum Only!

Discussion in 'Requests' started by naleca, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrrincewind2000

mrrincewind2000 grand midi pubah

umm jeanniesing, the mod i am talking about runs this site...and puts links to the miditrax demo and moves the thread to filled requests. often closes the threads as well!!!!!!

so then the requester has to just repost request again, which gets up the artisans goat......and the circle goes round and round
  2. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Ahhhhh - I see what you're saying Rince :).... the difference is that tavenger5 posts a link to the hittrax demo - and once he does that done is done, it won't be posted no matter how nicely someone asks! What naleca was referring to is when someone attaches a file that is ony demo-length (with no mention of it in their post). The S-mods and admins have to listen to each file in its entirety to see if the requests has been filled - which, obviously, can be time consuming. So naleca asked everyone to be polite about it and people seem to be complying nicely :)...
  3. naleca

naleca Trash Hunting

let Me Educate You

LET ME EDUCATE YOU very basic

Request Forum-Requests for midis
    New Song Forum-For New Songs
    Ringtones Forum-For Ringtones and demos
    Etc...Etc

Please when someone requests a midi in the Request Forum I am sure they are not looking for a 30 second DEMO, Hell we can all download the Demos but if you ARE looking for a ringtone then use the Ringtone Forum.
  4. MillwallBadBoy

MillwallBadBoy Bad Boy Karaoke

I agree with you Naleca, people need to learn the difference. Is it really too complicated to tell the difference between forums? I know it's only a small minority and new people that have trouble with the difference in forums, but it really isn't that hard.

Also, with demo's, I really can't stand them,also, they make no sense. When people post demo's, it doesn't help due to the facts

1, What use is a demo? Not many keep them because 30 secs of a midi file isn't much help to anyone.

2, We'll still have to buy them sometime in the future if they don't become free somewhere else.

3, Even if people do like demo's, what's the point when we have no idea where you get them from, hence we can't buy the full songs, just by going on the demo.

That's my thoughts on this whole demo thing. I see no use for them on the boards, and it only makes more work for the mods who work hard to keep this place going well and smoothly.

My whole point.....think before posting pointless things and stop making more work for people keeping this board going.
  5. cobulas

cobulas New Member

A demo is just a sample of the first segment of the song to let you hear the quality of a song usally from a pay sight...
  6. m_belle

m_belle New Member

thanks! i hate when things aren't properly marked (ok, so I'm anal! lol)
  7. annsheree

annsheree New Member

Hi im new here, Thanks Naleca ...atleast i know to check my posts first, bout trash posting and needing to post 5 times before i can download. :thumbsup:
  8. xav28

xav28 New Member

Yeah, thats very true, people should know the difference between a demo and the real length, but hey, it can be a confusing business. A little patience is all thats needed, but im sure you guys have tried and tested that theory.
  9. mattvella99

mattvella99 New Member

Well sometimes ppl with talent can make a full length MIDI file out of a 30 second demo, which has been done many times before.

so posing of demos isnt completly pointless
  10. ringtonezman

ringtonezman New Member

hey, as long as I get the midi (full or not) im alrite because I use midis for my ringtones and I perfer demos because it always keep atleast 40 ringtones on my phone at once, so I can have personal ringers for everyone!
  11. jrel77

jrel77 New Member

I'm with u...demo are perfect for the ring tones
  12. naleca

naleca Trash Hunting

Thats why we have a RINGTONE forum
  13. tjroche

tjroche New Member

i agree. forum craziness will only bring a forum server down
    and that would make me a saaaad panda :(
  14. ringtonezman

ringtonezman New Member

OK WAT IM GETTING HERE IS THAT MORE PPL VISIT THE MIDI SECTION FOR RINGTONES BECAUSE CONVERTING IS EZ! DONT BE A STOOGET! FULL OR DEMO VERSION, ITS FINE! MIDIBUDDY NEEDS TO JOIN THE MIDI AND RINGTONE SECTION AND HAVE AN OPTION IN THE THREAD OR POST REPLY ASKING WHETHER THE MIDI BEING POSTED IS A FULL VERSION OR DEMO VERSION.
  15. jeaniesing

wellll... there's that... then there's the fact that you can still make a full version of a MIDI into a ringtone with an ounce of knowledge... my suggestion?? Create your own thread in the ringtone forum in which you post all of your demos..... very searchable and YOU get credit for finding all of them :).... we're working on finding the best idea for this issue, I'll be sure yours is noticed as well Ringtonezman.....
  16. Rankinfile

Rankinfile Guardian Angel

Posting demos doesn't make any sense. What use could anyone get out of a demo? It just clutters up the boards with useless drek.
  17. razor37

razor37 New Member

I agree :cool:
  18. ringtonezman

ringtonezman New Member

OMG, Yall need to understand my need for demos. When I get full versions all I do is cut the full version to make it a demo for people who want to download it and for my phone! Duh! So, full versions are not as good 4 me as good as it is 4 u! I only need full versions rarely!
  19. jeaniesing

We understand...... really we do....... do you understand our need for full versions? or our desire to keep the two separate because the little paperclips are indiscriminate? Or how, since there's a forum for ringtones it would be lovely to have the demos there?? <sigh>
  20. imasaxman

imasaxman New Member

As a newbie thanks for the rules
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.