Rock VS Rap :MERGED:

Discussion in 'Artists/Band Discussion' started by bartman882, Jan 19, 2004.

?

WHich is better rap or rock

1. Rap rules

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. Rock Rules

44 vote(s)
    78.6%
  3. Rap and Rock both rule

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. imaloser

imaloser New Member

ROCK!
    cant spell crap with out rap
    :bow2: bow down to rock
  2. jay-z

jay-z Guest

Rap, no doubt about it.
  3. bertje33

bertje33 New Member

4. spiralout

spiralout New Member

hmm... i think its funny that more ppl say rock even tho i agree.

you know if you watched the grammys there were all these rap stars and other hip hop crap. and like three rock ppls won but that was just in competition with other rock! it kind of sucked tho because rock is way better but nobody even pays attention. like after pop died everybody started listening to rap and hip hop. and there are some stupid people who will argue that pop is not dead even though it is. but anyway...

i think its so funny cuz rock never gets the recognition it deserves but in this thread, everybody is like "ROCK!"
  5. Attica

Attica Shadow

I think pop is still around, but in less numbers because of the whole "Boy Band Blowout" that happened when like all of the boy bands broke up because nobody wanted to hear a group of no-talent ass clowns prancing around singing horrible music. But just look at TRL, everything on their is pretty much pop even 50-cent is on TRL and as much as you thugs wanna deny it, he's POP-rap, he raps **** that even your mom listens to.

About rock getting no recognition: Rock needs no recognition. We do not care about who listens to Rock and who knows about Rock and we do not give a **** about Fame. Fame is not what fuels Rock. Only Rock fuels Rock. It's a hard thing to explain but an easy thing to understand if you're one of us. Support your local Rock Clubs and support your local bands. We are the underground, We are Rock, and We are here to stay. =X
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2004
  6. spiralout

spiralout New Member

woa... going into a rant there are we...?

yeah i know rock doesnt need recognition... just makin a comment... you seem angry...

here ill go on my own rant

one thing that bugs me tho is rap takes no talent. sure i guess you have to have a nice rapping voice (like you cant have a squeeky nerd voice i guess) and be able to talk pretty fast. other than that though? takes no talent. no instruments, you dont have to come up with a tune or anything. not even the words, you can hire somebody to do that.

yep. only in america the talentless can be stars.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2004
  7. bartman882

bartman882 New Member

well i think rock is the best but i do like some rap songs like hey yah. its pretty bad ass:thumbsup:
  8. varun05

varun05 New Member

rock is the best but that doesn't means that i don't like rap
    but comparatively i like more rock than rap
  9. LakersGirl

LakersGirl New Member

Both...Depending on what I feel like listening to
  10. Komplex

Komplex New Member

You should like rock then also it was created by black musicians. It just gradually turned into a white artform.

Peace
  11. christinah69

christinah69 New Member

i like rap but i perfer ROCK!!

:) LINKIN PARK RULES!!!!
  12. Kanix

Kanix New Member

In the immortal words of Blackie Lawless of W.A.S.P,

"ROCK 'N ROLL TO DEATH!"
  13. Kanix

Kanix New Member

Rock all the way. I like a smattering of rap, but like someone above me said, only if it has some semblance of melody and music to it. The rap with some sampled bass loop going over and over with big black guys with gold crosses and rings on their fingers going "UH UH UH YEA YEA" all the time can go [cough] itself.
  14. Kanix

Kanix New Member

Yeah, and when was the last time 50 Cent played a guitar solo? When was the last time any rapper was able to pick up any instrument and do anything with it? Nada, and you wanna know why? They ain't got the talent for it.
  15. butterfly_ts

butterfly_ts New Member

rap wuz okay for awhile, everyone wuz into it, and now i think rock is making a comeback with style and music, now more people are into it then before, so definately i'd say rock
  16. saxmidiman

saxmidiman Member

Rock is my favorite.

Each style has its own unique potential. But just like with rock, you have a plethora of terrible rap artists who aren't very clever really and are really limited on their lyrical sense. It will get better with time, or die out.
  17. MDniteStryKR

MDniteStryKR I'll come back to you when I'm dead! Staff Member Super Mod

Hmmm...let's see, i love metal and hard rock..but i do like rap-rock and well, some black rap thanks to the influence by certain people
    so in conclusion, ROCK still kicks @$$!!

:rock:
  18. trainrunna

trainrunna New Member

like rock love rap
  19. Mike2735

Mike2735 New Member

I am a rock fanatic, so obviously, rock. I can't stand rap, music should go back to the good old days when the songs were about love and life, not "cappin' some gangsta in da ass' ". Rap will lead to the downfall of music if it isnt stopped. What is it teaching us? I know people that, because of the words of "Snoop Dogg" and "Ludicrus", have started doing drugs and living the life of a ganster. Sure rock isnt exactly church, but its a hell of alot better then this bull about a party at the holidae inn.
  20. drexenol

drexenol New Member

why not both? they are both better than pop tennie bopper crap