Rush

Discussion in 'Artists/Band Discussion' started by turbocoo, Apr 30, 2002.

1. turbocoo

turbocoo New Member

I see Rush have a new album out. I ve been a lifelong fan but do prefer their earlier work. Any opinions?
  2. premekkk

premekkk New Member

You are definately right!!! I listen to RUSH and other similar bands a LOT but I have to say there´s nothing like Tom Sawyer, Subdivisions, Closer To The Heart, etc. i´m sorry to say this but i think they´ll never get this good again :-((
  3. jeffidetour

jeffidetour New Member

I have enjoyed watching Rush change over and over again. I think they have really defined growth and experimentation as a band. I thought "Test For Echo," their other previous album, was outstanding. This album, though.... I didn't like it. It seemed to me like it was a bunch of "grooves" that got repetitive.
  4. Ronny

Ronny Midi Mad Super Mod! Staff Member Super Mod

Have been following Rush for a long time now and have also enjoyed hearing them change. Thought Test For Echo was magnificent but I'm still out on Vapour Trails. I feel that there is almost a punk feel to some of the tracks.
    I also feel that the guitar is too much is most of the tyracks and I found myself turning the treble down.

Sad to say but I also don't think we'll ever get back to the good old days of 2112, Hemispheres etc..

Pity!:(
  5. willi001

willi001 New Member

Everything changes over time....As with Rush.They are still great though!New and Old...
  6. Ronny

Ronny Midi Mad Super Mod! Staff Member Super Mod

You're right man. They're still amongst the best musicians and songwriters ever!!
  7. XaTiKi_the_Goat

XaTiKi_the_Goat New Member

Neal Peart....is one of my many favorite drummers and Getty Lee is the greatest bass player of all times!
  8. turbocoo

turbocoo New Member

plus ca change.....plus c'est la meme chose!
  9. U-110

U-110 Member

Hi there! My first post here!

Indeed a great band, always trying to grow and evolve musically. My favorite period would be between "Farewell to kings" and "Signals". Very avant-garde for its time!
  10. minnow93

minnow93 New Member

Rush still has potential for more good stuff. Don't give up on 'em yet.