Saving Key Changes

Discussion in 'Karaoke Files' started by rknrne, Nov 7, 2003.

1. rknrne

rknrne Active Member

How do I save key changes in programs like van basco's or cakewalk, cubase or any other programs . I am having a Brain cramp trying to transpose Superstitious (S Wonder) from Eb to E
  2. woof

woof New Member

The easiest way to change any thing with .kar files is to get Karplay by John McGrath although his site has now closed down you can still get it from here down load file Karlarge-VB.zip http://computer-karaoke.com/karplayers.shtml
    With this program you can,

Change the tempo,
    Change the lyrics,
    Change instrument sounds for over 120 other instruments.
    Change the of volumes of individual instruments including muting lead vocal tracks,

Then at the end of it you just "save as" and you've got it as you want it.

Another feature of Karplay is the file filter to help find songs in a large collection I name my .kar files "Singer - Title" so if I know the title of a song but not the singer then I have trouble finding it.
    With Karplays file filter you just type in "*" then the title(or just a couple of words of the title) and it finds it for you.With over 6500 kar files I find it really useful.

I know that Vanbasco is the most popular player I use it my self but if you want to change anything with it you can't.
    If you do karaoke editing or just mess about with midi's and don't want to get bogged down with big midi programs then you need Karplay.
    I have used this program for about 4 years now so if you have any problems e mail me
  3. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

after u do the key change b4 you save the midi u gotta SELECT ALL and FUNCTIONS-NORMALIZE SEQUENCE PARAMETERS(thats what its called in Logic audio)

if u still have trouble email it or pm it 2 me an Ill do it
  4. rknrne

rknrne Active Member

Nice program .... took a couple of minutes to do the key change ... but it did the job I was looking for ........... thanks for you help

I used version 1.1 the zip.large didn't work on my laptop w win95 , so I used the smaller one and it works great

I'll try the other prog suggestions too V.O.G .... I want to know how to.... also as opposed to letting the machine do it 4 me
  5. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

the other way to do it in cakewalk is to go into the PIANO ROLL(i think its called) EDIT _ SELECT ALL notes and drag em all up one step(to E), one track at a time