SB Live or Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, which is better for Digital Recording??

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by MozizzleX, Aug 13, 2002.

1. MozizzleX

MozizzleX New Member

What sound card is better for Digital Recording, SB Live or Turtle Beach Santa Cruz?

Thanx.
  2. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

I would go with anything but the SB Live. I have one, but I've never used it for recording. I use a A/D Converter with a lighpipe sound card for that :)
  3. Superow

Superow New Member

There are much more options if you look over the internet!
  4. mriev

mriev New Member

Look at the new SB Audigy before you buy anything. It's an awesome sound card!
  5. theARTiSAN

theARTiSAN Administrator Staff Member Super Mod

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz has always been more of a Musicians, "Real Soundcard".
    Creative SB have traditionally been more for Multimedia - although the Audigy has broadened the capabilities a bit, I would still go with another brand for pro/semi-pro recording.
    There are (much) better cards out there, several being cheaper than the Audigy.
  6. Firegarden

Firegarden New Member

If you don't mind spending a little more, I would highly recomend M-Audio or Aardvark, I love my Aark24. True Pro quality and I can pull all the stuff that I've done in the studio before back off of the ADAT's and remix and master it. They work hard with their driver support as well, and tech support is pretty good too.
  7. handman

handman New Member

SB Live is ok, but one should check out something that is a little more dedicated to the art of recording rather than just multimedia. I used to use SB Live, but now use Echo Gina.