Should We Pay For Midi Files When We Can Exchange Them For Free?

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by egoveas, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Azianowar

Azianowar New Member

we spend so much on our phones now tell me why we should spend more on things like ringing tones it should be free
  2. gen79

gen79 New Member

Everybody likes the word sharing, i think it's the best way to stiick together
  3. jrel77

jrel77 New Member

As long as there is the internet then music, ringtones, games will always be free....thank god!!!
  4. vrx99

vrx99 New Member

damm straight
  5. midiprog2000

midiprog2000 New Member

I really have a few comments on a lot of crap I read in this thread:

"we spend so much on our phones now tell me why we should spend more on things like ringing tones it should be free"

Why don't you just steal a phone and pay for your ringtones ? Would be the same !
    No, would even save you some money.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you can use Kazaa or Morpheus to download the song WITH lyrics, why is it wrong to trade for a song WITHOUT lyrics. Out of the two shouldn't the one without be the free one?"

Out of the two, shouldn't the one without be the free one: hey, are you from mars or something, wether the song has lyrics or not is completely irrelevant when the download is illegal.
    Why don't you program it yourself then, completely free and legal !!

------------------------------------------------------------------
    "those who make money with it should pay for them (like entertainers who use midi files on parties or so)
    those who don't make money with them should not pay!!"

Yeah, like a taxi driver should pay for a car, but as I am not a professional driver, I think I should get a Ferrari, totally free !!! Makes sense.

"i never paid for files before so y start, lets just keep exchangin and keep it alll in the familly"

Yeah, one big family. My neighbour has an old 486 computer somewhere. Maybe we can exchange, I would like your Pentium 4 for a start. And as we are one big family, I would like your printer too. OK ?

" Some times you have to pay for a rare midi, but imagine how unsurfed this hot site would be if it was all for dollars & cents "

True ! How many midifiles did you program yourself for this site ? Oh, you only take them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    " I totally agree, free is the way it should be. Exchange is even better, kinda makes it all fair... "

Ooh, you want something back for the files you give away. But the author of that song has nothing to do with it and deserves no share? Looks fair too me.

KIDS, GET REAL !!! The only things that are free are the things YOU made yourself from scratch. Instead of complaining "oh it should be free", make your own compositions, own lyrics, turn it into a nice midifile yourself and then give these away for free. And don't complain when someone else posts your file on this board in the self sequenced section with his name on it.

Kind regards,
    Alain
    www.mididesign.be
  6. Ironkeith616

Ironkeith616 New Member

phone ringtnes

des your fphone have an infared senser bc if so then you can DL them to your comp and the transfer themor e-mail them even to your phone
    thats how I use my laptop. Its mad convenient
  7. ferris_monty

ferris_monty New Member

Most MIDIs sound like crap so why would you buy them? Nothing beats live instruments...
  8. Shell

Shell New Member

I often wonder when I go see a band, where or how did they get that midi. How come I can't find that one. I think trading midi files is a great idea. Even if you get some crap ones it is better than not getting the songs at all. You can usually edit them and fix them.:confused2
  9. virgilmx

virgilmx New Member

how do you get a midi from this site?........just can't seem to find the files I'm looking for.......I keep getting linked to hittrax to buy......can someone help?.....I sometimes make very simple things complicated.......this may be the case
  10. integmp

integmp New Member

11. dynomite123

dynomite123 New Member

no way

we should not have 2 pay 4 dem
  12. Pierka

Pierka New Member

13. Pierka

Pierka New Member

it can put ringtone companies out of business though
  14. jefa98

jefa98 New Member

what most people don't get is that MIDI files have been around for many years. I remember when I was in 6th grade (this would have been...... 11 years ago) and I had many MIDI files, all for free. i see it as the MIDI companies monopolizing on something that is easy enough to do, if you want to take the time to program MIDIs. do i support subscription service, sure if it is cheap enough. most sub services have crap on them though, so maybe if there were better songs..... I have made a few MIDI's in my time, and I have hundreds of oldies, but really, it comes down to whether or not you feel its right to pay for them or not. $3 a piece, i dont think thats fair. $1, yeah maybe thats a little more fair. It doesn't take a lot of time to create a quality MIDI file, so making it off of that I don't see fair. Share them only if you have tried to make them. But I guess its the same as dl'ing full movies or MP3 songs off new artists albums.
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2003
  15. riki82

riki82 New Member

16. Elias

Elias New Member

A real cool and difficult midi is really hard to get on the net for free.. So we got to pay for it I guess.. to get it from the professionals... They are not generous anyways...
  17. hooper_jake

hooper_jake New Member

no chance I would buy them... This site is right on the money
  18. motomix

motomix New Member

no i say they should be free as music is an art of expression and this should be free
  19. motomix

motomix New Member

newayz it would be expensive to keep buying midis
  20. jackmarshal

jackmarshal New Member

If i can see farther it is because i stood on the shoulders of giants
    When i download a midi and it needs rehab i then will make it available to the web where anyone can use it there is alot of talent out there and if we all work together then we can all earn a better living when we are out playing live