Should We Pay For Midi Files When We Can Exchange Them For Free?

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by egoveas, Sep 25, 2002.

1. kurtbarkdull

kurtbarkdull New Member

I've been getting free midi files for years on the net. The days of the wild west on the internet are almost gone. Everything is getting regulated, and almost impossible anymore to find free midis. What a shame. I found this site and still cannot figure out how to get free midis. I'm not a PC guru and don't want to spend too much time figuring this site out. If you have any quick info on how to get midis off this site I would greatly appreciate it.
    Kurt
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2005
  2. kurtbarkdull

kurtbarkdull New Member

I've been downloading free midis for 4 years and always with good luck. Even if I have to modify some it usually saves more time than starting from scratch. In the last year the Great Wild West on the net has ceased to exist. Like everything else in life it has turned into a regulated business and it is no longer fun or easy to find free midi files. I stumbled on this site and still haven't figured out how to get free midi. I'm not a PC guru and don't have a lot of time to figure this site out although from your comment it sounds as if it is possible to get free midi here. Thanks in advance for your response.
    Sincerely,
    Kurt
  3. mikecarling

mikecarling New Member

help !!!! no one cares !!! is there anyone out there willin to send me irish country midis ????????

mikecarling@eircom.net

oh' by the way... this life is NOT a re-hearsal -think about it !
  4. MIDI-Guy

MIDI-Guy New Member

If you make your own MIDI Files and share them then that's ok. Sharing commercially made/licensed MIDI File is not ok and is breaking the law. I know most people will say 'so what' but think a moment for the people those companies employ - mostly musicians and they pay royalties on every sale so the song writers get their dues. If we were those songwriters, we'd be grateful our music wasn't being used by someone else to profit from.