Silibeus 2

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by tkayz, Oct 23, 2002.

1. tkayz

tkayz New Member

Silibeus 2 is very good, it's user-friendly, and not complicated, through i believe a limit in the features since of it's complicity.

-tom
  2. Bravoxena

Bravoxena New Member

Piano Family

My friend lives in a very musical family. He practices piano 4 hours a day, no kidding. Well his father uses that program so it's indeed a god reccommendation. :)
  3. todoselmundo

todoselmundo New Member

a progrom created by musician for musicia... so... naturaly you can play a music with heart. best
  4. tenor3086

tenor3086 New Member

Sibelius is pretty good -- a friend of mine has it and he swears by it, and says it's the easiest to use of all the programs he's tried. I use Finale, but that's because it's what I learned on, and I think learning another system would be hard.
  5. mikeward1701

mikeward1701 New Member

I too use sibelius, its easy to use, and with the photoscore plugin, you can scan music straight in. Ideal for getting a quick arrangement down.

I do find however that the recording/quantizing needs a bit of tweaking and the way it chooses to score recordings is sometimes very odd.

Other than that its a fab prog, also ave sbelius 3 on the same machine, tho since installing it I've only used it a few times.

Mike
  6. wastedspace

wastedspace New Member

If you want Notation, Sibelius is the way to go. I like to WRITE music, not search through menus and figure out how to get the expression I want appear in the right place.

Sibelius is plug and play....it knows my sound modules, and lets me use their sounds without any programming. And THANK GOD...if I write a D.S. al Coda.....it can read it!!!!! (no programming required)

They made us use Finale in college...I graduated, got a job, and found some extra money in my school district's budget. Gave Sibelius a try, and I've never looked back. I can turn out a full score in half the time it took me in Finale, and I really knew the program.

Mikeward...you'll love 3.....trust me.