So the Osbourne's Is FAKE?

Discussion in 'rec.audio.pro' started by BlacklineMusic, Aug 13, 2003.

  1. Lines: 35
    Message-ID: <hfY_a.14475$_3.9041@fe02.atl2.webusenet.com>
    X-Complaints-To: abuse@usenetserver.com
    X-Abuse-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
    X-Abuse-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly.
    NNTP-Posting-Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:15:25 EDT
    Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 03:15:25 GMT
    Xref: news.newshosting.com rec.audio.pro:335014


    On 2003-08-14 rstudio190@aol.com(GlennDavis) said:
    >>Relax, the Simpsons are as real as the TV footage of man landing
    >>on the moon!

    >I heard someone say the walk was faked because you could see
    >shadows...which would not happen if you were really on the moon.
    >Some people are watching Capricorn One and Wag The Dog too many
    >times. -The Old Shoe


    NOw I talked to a young man who came over to help me with some antenna
    work. He's an amateur radio operator so one would presume some
    technical literacy. THis guy's about 23 or 24. HE told me that he
    didn't believe that they really walked on the moon. HE thought it was
    all just fancy computer graphics crap. I explained to him that the
    little handheld DC to daylight receiver with three or four band
    transmit on his belt had more memory than a room full of computer of
    that day. IT took some convincing.

    <hrrump>.

    so the Osbournes is fake. WHo really cares. NO matter what it was it
    was fake to me and I don't even own a damn TV.



    Richard Webb
    Electric Spider Productions
    replace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real email.


    --



    "Reality is an illusion created by a Marijuana deficiency."
  2. Bob Smith

    Bob Smith Guest

    BlacklineMusic wrote:
    >
    > Did anyone see that last night? So the whole damn show is a scripted HOAX,
    > pretending to be reality TV?


    I'm *shocked* to hear that something on TV might be fake.

    bobs

    Bob Smith
    BS Studios
    we organize chaos
    http://www.bsstudios.com
  3. Bryson

    Bryson Guest

    Fletcher wrote:
    > BlacklineMusic wrote:
    >
    >
    >>I don't know, but I want the truth. I loved that show, now I feel like I've
    >>been had.

    >
    >
    > What's the fucking difference? It's "entertainment product"... you were
    > entertained. It's a fucking show... who gives a fuck if it's real or
    > imaginary... if it entertained you, it did it's fucking job. We're not talking
    > about a lover pretending to be something they're not... we're talking about a
    > fucking TV show... a little perspective might be in order here... maybe?


    Oh be real, Fletcher. You mean you've never been entertained
    by a story, mainly by the fact that it was actually true?

    No need to get bent when finding out a TV show's fake though.
    Who's fault is it for believing anything on tv to be real anyway.


    > --
    > Fletcher
    > Mercenary Audio
    > TEL: 508-543-0069
    > FAX: 508-543-9670
    > http://www.mercenary.com
    > "this is not a problem"
    >
    >
  4. Fletcher

    Fletcher Guest

    Bryson wrote:

    > Fletcher wrote:
    > >
    > > What's the fucking difference? It's "entertainment product"... you were
    > > entertained. It's a fucking show... who gives a fuck if it's real or
    > > imaginary... if it entertained you, it did it's fucking job. We're not talking
    > > about a lover pretending to be something they're not... we're talking about a
    > > fucking TV show... a little perspective might be in order here... maybe?

    >
    > Oh be real, Fletcher. You mean you've never been entertained
    > by a story, mainly by the fact that it was actually true?
    >
    > No need to get bent when finding out a TV show's fake though.
    > Who's fault is it for believing anything on tv to be real anyway.


    I couldn't care less if it's real, fake, or a combination or fantasy and reality. My
    point was, and is, the same as your point.

    It's entertainment product... if it's entertaining who cares if it's "real" or
    written.
    --
    Fletcher
    Mercenary Audio
    TEL: 508-543-0069
    FAX: 508-543-9670
    http://www.mercenary.com
    "this is not a problem"
  5. "Fletcher" <Fletcher@mercenary.com> wrote in message
    news:3F3CC00B.72A17F6E@mercenary.com...
    > It's entertainment product... if it's entertaining who cares if it's

    "real" or
    > written.


    I don't know. I do get ticked when something passed off expressly as true is
    revealed to be false, especially when it's the crux of the movie. The first
    time I saw "29th Street" I thought it was one of the best movies I had ever
    seen until they put up that little "pop up trivia" thing on cable and
    revealed the truth. That would be like watching a movie like Titanic and
    finding out later the boat never sank.
  6. Glenn Davis

    Glenn Davis Guest

    >I kind of like commercials. I know they aren't lying to me. Sure, they say a
    >lot of stuff that isn't exactly true.


    Commercials are the main reason (second only to crappy programs) why I don't
    watch too much TV. Aside from the DJ's, same goes for Radio. For some reason
    most print advertising does not bother me as much...maybe it's because I can
    control the amount of time the advertising is stealing from me. We sleep a good
    portion of life away and I don't need advertising winching alot of my time
    spent during my awake hours. George Carlin has some superb thoughts on
    advertising if you know what I mean.


    Glenn Davis
    "Creating the perfect mix is like painting a 747 with Q-Tips"
  7. Glenn Davis

    Glenn Davis Guest

    >That would be like watching a movie like Titanic

    Cameron's version was one of the best 20 Minute Movies I have seen in a long
    time.


    Glenn Davis
    "Creating the perfect mix is like painting a 747 with Q-Tips"
  8. In article <20030814224742.07201.00000015@mb-m26.aol.com>,
    bestnewenglanddj@aol.com (BESTnewEnglandDJ) wrote:

    > MTV ,, :roles eyes::


    Should we bestow your "Too Cool For School" mantle here, or in a private
    ceremony at CBGBs?

    CT
  9. no just Kiss my feet .
    vk
  10. Fletcher

    Fletcher Guest

    "Ricky W. Hunt" wrote:

    > I don't know. I do get ticked when something passed off expressly as true is
    > revealed to be false, especially when it's the crux of the movie. The first
    > time I saw "29th Street" I thought it was one of the best movies I had ever
    > seen until they put up that little "pop up trivia" thing on cable and
    > revealed the truth. That would be like watching a movie like Titanic and
    > finding out later the boat never sank.


    I'll bet the whole Milli-Vanilli thing musta put you close to an aneurysm...
    personally, I never understood what the big deal was... obviously a whole lot of
    people liked the record or they wouldn't have purchased it... nor would it have
    been voted a Grammy®... but when it came to light that the guys in the video
    weren't the guys who sang the record they were treated like misfit red headed
    step children... meanwhile the broad in the C+C Music Factory video didn't sing
    on 'Wanna Make You Sweat' and nobody gave a shit... I've never understood that.

    I dunno maybe I'm fucked... but if it entertains me, I really don't give a shit
    if it's real or imaginary... I'm entertained... end of story. I guess I'm just
    not all that voyeuristic or something...
    --
    Fletcher
    Mercenary Audio
    TEL: 508-543-0069
    FAX: 508-543-9670
    http://www.mercenary.com
    "this is not a problem"
  11. On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 12:35:27 GMT, Fletcher <Fletcher@mercenary.com>
    wrote:

    >"Ricky W. Hunt" wrote:
    >
    >> I don't know. I do get ticked when something passed off expressly as true is
    >> revealed to be false, especially when it's the crux of the movie. The first
    >> time I saw "29th Street" I thought it was one of the best movies I had ever
    >> seen until they put up that little "pop up trivia" thing on cable and
    >> revealed the truth. That would be like watching a movie like Titanic and
    >> finding out later the boat never sank.

    >
    >I'll bet the whole Milli-Vanilli thing musta put you close to an aneurysm...
    >personally, I never understood what the big deal was... obviously a whole lot of
    >people liked the record or they wouldn't have purchased it... nor would it have
    >been voted a Grammy®... but when it came to light that the guys in the video
    >weren't the guys who sang the record they were treated like misfit red headed
    >step children... meanwhile the broad in the C+C Music Factory video didn't sing
    >on 'Wanna Make You Sweat' and nobody gave a shit... I've never understood that.
    >
    >I dunno maybe I'm fucked... but if it entertains me, I really don't give a shit
    >if it's real or imaginary... I'm entertained... end of story. I guess I'm just
    >not all that voyeuristic or something...


    At the Peter Gabriel show, there was a TON of pre roll audio coming
    off sequencers and tapes. Some were horrified at this. I thought, get
    off yer high horse and listen to the damn music.

    Sheesh!

    BP
  12. EggHd

    EggHd Guest

    The Osbournes have a TV Show?


    ---------------------------------------
    "I know enough to know I don't know enough"
  13. shawn

    shawn Guest

    Fletcher wrote:
    > I couldn't care less if it's real, fake, or a combination or fantasy
    > and reality. My point was, and is, the same as your point.
    >
    > It's entertainment product... if it's entertaining who cares if it's
    > "real" or written.


    I care. The fact that it's real (or not) is *part* of the entertainment.
    Reality will almost always impress me more. And while there's almost always
    some degree of fakery in entertainment, there are degrees of reality -- and
    knowing what I'm looking at can make all the difference to me.

    It's why I'll always be more impressed by a hong kong action movie (with
    stunts/fighting/acrobatics that are well-choreographed and performed by
    experienced talent (be they martial artists or whatever) and filmed and
    edited simply and effectively) than I will be by some Hollywood knock-off
    (where the actor trains for a couple weeks and the scenes are shot
    piecemeal, too close to the action, edited to the point of
    near-incomprehensibility, and then topped off with a heap of CGI to cover up
    for the lack of talent). I like to think there's some talent in front of
    the camera, not just in the editing room or at the computer graphics
    station.

    It's why I'll always be more impressed by the car chases in The French
    Connection or The Blues Brothers or Bullitt than I am by the beefed up video
    game graphics on display in Fast and Furious, Gone in 60 Seconds, or Matrix
    2. I like to know there was somebody on set putting his driving skills and,
    to some degree, his ass on the line.

    It's why the storming of Aqaba by the arabs in Lawrence of Arabia will
    always be more breathtaking than the storming of Helm's Deep by hordes of
    digital orcs in Lord of The Rings. Sure, none of it is "real", but knowing
    that in Lawrence there were actually hundreds (thousands?) of real people
    thundering by the camera on camels and horseback makes my hair stand on end,
    rather than my eyes glassing over and me nodding off while the latest in
    computer technology poops its way across the screen.

    I guess these examples aren't quite the same as the "real vs. written"
    question, but the principle is the same: the more unconvincing the fakery,
    the less captivating the entertainment. I've only seen a few episodes of
    The Osbournes from the first season. I thought they were pretty damn funny.
    If I had reason to believe they were scripted, I would have enjoyed them a
    lot less.

    -Shawn
  14. dt king

    dt king Guest

    "shawn" <sreynoldDELETE@THISsmith.edu> wrote in message
    news:3f40f254.0@news.smith.edu...

    > I guess these examples aren't quite the same as the "real vs. written"
    > question, but the principle is the same: the more unconvincing the

    fakery,
    > the less captivating the entertainment. I've only seen a few episodes of
    > The Osbournes from the first season. I thought they were pretty damn

    funny.
    > If I had reason to believe they were scripted, I would have enjoyed them

    a
    > lot less.


    I'd never watched an Osbourns all the way through, but I sat through the
    last two episodes. I got a particular kick at the end of the last episode
    when they zoom back to the whole crew, Ozzy comes out for a curtain call
    and says, "So, that's it? I don't have to use the F word any more?" Then
    the crew starts packing up the dogs like they're breaking up the set. I
    almost expected somebody to get a bottle of mineral oil and start removing
    Ozzy's tattoos.

    The final episode is just the punchline to the opening credits.

    dtk
  15. "dt king" <usenet@leztoys.com> wrote in message
    news:GQ80b.227$kd3.112@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
    > "shawn" <sreynoldDELETE@THISsmith.edu> wrote in message
    > news:3f40f254.0@news.smith.edu...


    > The final episode is just the punchline to the opening credits.


    I just watched it and I believe they did the fake episode because they
    didn't have anything good to show. After all it's the season finale so it
    has to be big. Maybe it shows that it is a reality show by the fact that
    that particular week nothing good happened in real life so they made this
    up.
  16. They faked the episode to fuck with the people that called it fake. The last
    bit where Ozzy is supposedly practicing his infamous (I love you all but you're
    all fucking mad) is edited and dubbed over, its actually one scene played over
    with new audio. I didn't get the joke at first....
  17. I don't know, I was a little disappointed when I found out the whole
    premise of "Gulf War II" was bullshit. But I found that out before it
    aired, and I watched it anyway. So I guess your point is valid.

    ulysses


    Fletcher <Fletcher@mercenary.com> wrote:

    > > > What's the fucking difference? It's "entertainment product"...
    > > > you were entertained. It's a fucking show... who gives a fuck if
    > > > it's real or imaginary... if it entertained you, it did it's
    > > > fucking job. We're not talking about a lover pretending to be
    > > > something they're not... we're talking about a fucking TV show...
    > > > a little perspective might be in order here... maybe?

    >
    > It's entertainment product... if it's entertaining who cares if it's "real" or
    > written.
  18. In article <180820031545042106%ulysses@rollmusic.com>,
    Justin Ulysses Morse <ulysses@rollmusic.com> wrote:

    > I don't know, I was a little disappointed when I found out the whole
    > premise of "Gulf War II" was bullshit. But I found that out before it
    > aired, and I watched it anyway. So I guess your point is valid.


    ROFL!

    Although, seriously, the premise of Gulf War I was mostly bullshit too.

    CT
  19. Rob Adelman

    Rob Adelman Guest

    Charles Thomas wrote:
    > In article <180820031545042106%ulysses@rollmusic.com>,
    > Justin Ulysses Morse <ulysses@rollmusic.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>I don't know, I was a little disappointed when I found out the whole
    >>premise of "Gulf War II" was bullshit. But I found that out before it
    >>aired, and I watched it anyway. So I guess your point is valid.

    >
    >
    > ROFL!
    >
    > Although, seriously, the premise of Gulf War I was mostly bullshit too.
    >
    > CT


    I must disagree. Saddam crossed the line when he decided he was going to
    start annexing neighboring countries. Sitting by and allowing this to
    happen was not an option.
  20. shawn

    shawn Guest

    Rob Adelman wrote:
    > Charles Thomas wrote:
    >> In article <180820031545042106%ulysses@rollmusic.com>,
    >> Justin Ulysses Morse <ulysses@rollmusic.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>> I don't know, I was a little disappointed when I found out the whole
    >>> premise of "Gulf War II" was bullshit. But I found that out before
    >>> it aired, and I watched it anyway. So I guess your point is valid.

    >>
    >>
    >> ROFL!
    >>
    >> Although, seriously, the premise of Gulf War I was mostly bullshit
    >> too.
    >>
    >> CT

    >
    > I must disagree. Saddam crossed the line when he decided he was going
    > to start annexing neighboring countries. Sitting by and allowing this
    > to happen was not an option.


    Slight correction:

    Saddam crossed the line when he decided he was going to start destabilizing
    the most oil-rich region in the world. Sitting by and allowing this to
    happen was not an option.

Share This Page