So the Osbourne's Is FAKE?

Discussion in 'rec.audio.pro' started by BlacklineMusic, Aug 13, 2003.

  1. In article <0Mb0b.102024$o27.2294250@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com>,
    Rob Adelman <radelman@mn.rr.com> wrote:

    > I must disagree. Saddam crossed the line when he decided he was going to
    > start annexing neighboring countries. Sitting by and allowing this to
    > happen was not an option.


    That certainly is the party line. I'll give you that.

    CT
  2. > > Justin Ulysses Morse <ulysses@rollmusic.com> wrote:
    > >>I don't know, I was a little disappointed when I found out the whole
    > >>premise of "Gulf War II" was bullshit. But I found that out before it
    > >>aired, and I watched it anyway. So I guess your point is valid.


    > Charles Thomas wrote:
    > > Although, seriously, the premise of Gulf War I was mostly bullshit too.


    Rob Adelman <radelman@mn.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    > I must disagree. Saddam crossed the line when he decided he was going to
    > start annexing neighboring countries. Sitting by and allowing this to
    > happen was not an option.


    I would agree with you, if it weren't for the fact that the US state
    department specifically told Saddam in August 1990 that we wouldn't
    interfere.

    I don't think it justifies invading another country either, but Iraq
    had these items in their defense:
    Kuwait and Iraq were historically parts of the same country, divided
    very arbitrarily by the British who had no real authority to do so.
    Kuwait was stealing oil from Iraq.
    Iraq had the implied blessing of the US before their invasion. It was
    a trick.

    ulysses
  3. reddred

    reddred Guest

    "Justin Ulysses Morse" <ulysses@rollmusic.com> wrote in message
    news:180820032222567919%ulysses@rollmusic.com...
    > > > Justin Ulysses Morse <ulysses@rollmusic.com> wrote:
    > > >>I don't know, I was a little disappointed when I found out the whole
    > > >>premise of "Gulf War II" was bullshit. But I found that out before it
    > > >>aired, and I watched it anyway. So I guess your point is valid.

    >
    > > Charles Thomas wrote:
    > > > Although, seriously, the premise of Gulf War I was mostly bullshit

    too.
    >
    > Rob Adelman <radelman@mn.rr.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > I must disagree. Saddam crossed the line when he decided he was going to
    > > start annexing neighboring countries. Sitting by and allowing this to
    > > happen was not an option.

    >
    > I would agree with you, if it weren't for the fact that the US state
    > department specifically told Saddam in August 1990 that we wouldn't
    > interfere.
    >
    > I don't think it justifies invading another country either, but Iraq
    > had these items in their defense:
    > Kuwait and Iraq were historically parts of the same country, divided
    > very arbitrarily by the British who had no real authority to do so.
    > Kuwait was stealing oil from Iraq.
    > Iraq had the implied blessing of the US before their invasion. It was
    > a trick.
    >
    > ulysses


    Hey, stop confusing people with historical fact, it interferes with the free
    flow of ideological propaganda.

    jb
  4. Lord, did Sean Hannity piss you guys off again? :) How the hell does a
    discussion of the Osbournes turn into a Bush bashing party?


    > > I don't think it justifies invading another country either, but Iraq
    > > had these items in their defense:
    > > Kuwait and Iraq were historically parts of the same country, divided
    > > very arbitrarily by the British who had no real authority to do so.
    > > Kuwait was stealing oil from Iraq.
    > > Iraq had the implied blessing of the US before their invasion. It was
    > > a trick.
    > >
    > > ulysses

    >
    > Hey, stop confusing people with historical fact, it interferes with the

    free
    > flow of ideological propaganda.
    >
    > jb
    >
    >
    >
  5. "Romeo Rondeau" <romeorondeau@attbi.com> wrote in message
    news:vkbj0eh49eplb0@corp.supernews.com...
    > Lord, did Sean Hannity piss you guys off again? :) How the hell does a
    > discussion of the Osbournes turn into a Bush bashing party?



    You mean, you haven't noticed that ANY topic can turn into a Bush bashing
    party? It's apparently a lot easier to come up with a Bush bash than it is
    to come up with a review of a cut on RAP5.

    Jerry Steiger
  6. Yeah, pretty sad. :)

    "Jerry Steiger" <gwsteiger@comcast.net> wrote in message
    news:bi898a$6il7s$1@ID-188822.news.uni-berlin.de...
    > "Romeo Rondeau" <romeorondeau@attbi.com> wrote in message
    > news:vkbj0eh49eplb0@corp.supernews.com...
    > > Lord, did Sean Hannity piss you guys off again? :) How the hell does a
    > > discussion of the Osbournes turn into a Bush bashing party?

    >
    >
    > You mean, you haven't noticed that ANY topic can turn into a Bush bashing
    > party? It's apparently a lot easier to come up with a Bush bash than it is
    > to come up with a review of a cut on RAP5.
    >
    > Jerry Steiger
    >
    >
  7. Ron Capik

    Ron Capik Guest

    Romeo Rondeau wrote:

    > Lord, did Sean Hannity piss you guys off again? :) How the hell does a
    > discussion of the Osbournes turn into a Bush bashing party?
    >


    I think someone on RAP re-wrote Goodwin's Law. ;-)


    Ron Capik <<< cynic in training >>>
    --
  8. dt king

    dt king Guest

    "Jerry Steiger" <gwsteiger@comcast.net> wrote in message
    news:bi898a$6il7s$1@ID-188822.news.uni-berlin.de...
    >
    > You mean, you haven't noticed that ANY topic can turn into a Bush bashing
    > party? It's apparently a lot easier to come up with a Bush bash than it

    is
    > to come up with a review of a cut on RAP5.


    It would just save so much bandwidth if people appended their signature
    lines with either "Bush is a Weenie!" or "No he's not!".

    dtk
    --
    Bush is a Weenie

Share This Page