software to turn midi stream to .wav or .mp3

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by Jamesx, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Jamesx

Jamesx New Member

I am working with a local gospel group and the have tons of midi files on roland quick disks.they want to take the midi and convert them to cds since the the pr 100`s are getting hard to find and difficult to fix when they break.The setup i have know is a pr-1000 ran thre a m audio uno ten to one of my pcs.I can find software like midi-mapper which will allow me to play the midi files on my pc but I havent had any luck finding any software that will allow me to capture the stream direct to .wav or another audio format. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. algallego

algallego New Member

Hello, James!

First of all, just a couple of questions. Are you wanting to record the MIDI streams from the AUDIO outputs of your keyboard into a multitrack recorder? OR simply record the stereo output of your PR1000 into a stereo *.wav file?
    There are several choices out there that will allow you to play the midi files from your computer, so long as you like the sound of your computer's sound card when it plays the midi files back.

May I ask what you're currently using and if you'd prefer to record the music form the keyboard into a wave file or that of the computer playback? Once we determine that, then we can progress to the next step, which will be configuring a working system of recording for you! Have a great day and hope to hear from you soon for further help with your question!
  3. algallego

algallego New Member

Oh, yeah I forgot to ask... what kind of budget do you have as far as making a software purchase if you should decide to go that direction? This will help narrow down our choices and point you towards the right decision a little sooner.

Andy
  4. Jamesx

Jamesx New Member

I would prefer to get the files from the pr100 directly.the keyboard they used with this is really beat up and doesn't work that well any.the setup I am using right know is a m audio usb uno with midi ran in and out then using midi ox to play the midi and then using a wave mp3 editor to capture the sound from the Microsoft sw synth which seems to work but is kinda cumbersome I have a ton of audio apps as i used to play around with dj mixes and the like.I would just liek to find a way to stream line what i am doing I work cheap for what I do but even at 15 dollars hour and over 300 qd disks to do it will take some time.I doubt there will be a one click solution for this problem
  5. algallego

algallego New Member

James, check this one out:

http://www.mymusictools.com/midi_tools_20/mid_converter_6576.htm

Just make sure that whatever computer sound card you're using makes the file playback authentically instead of with low-grade computer sound card qualities. Although the sound samples may not sound as good as the sounds from your synth, it may be good enough to create the backing tracks with it.
  6. bingbong

bingbong New Member

try download.com