Some advice on home recording??

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by Loonatik, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Loonatik

Loonatik New Member

From the UK, wanting to make some hip hop tracks...have many songs written with music all ready to go, but what next?

what equipment to I need in order to record some high quality sounding tracks?

I have a Mic, its a dynamic but doesnt sound too good when listened to on Cool Edit 2..

help! im stuck!

thanks
  2. chat0009

chat0009 New Member

wheres the beats coming from? a mixer or an external audio device?

i would suggest instead or using mics ro record it into the pc, having a soundcard that has a direct audio input.
  3. valleysounds

valleysounds New Member

i have just started doing some dance and hip hop stuff on my pc
    as well and have been using fruity loops 4 producer and its awesome and not to hard to use..comes with some great samples and demos...

www.valleysounds.com
  4. bathwater6

bathwater6 New Member

you need a good condenser mic for vocals
  5. Anno_Anubus

Anno_Anubus New Member

Mic-wise, it'd depend upon the budget you have available. I'd reccomend for starting off something like a Beta 58 or around that level. I've heard many great things[listened =p]. After that try sticking with a standard of AKG/AT, experiment with other mics and their sounds for what'd best suit you as you go. Check out some local studios to see what their equipment list might be.
  6. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

For sounds I would recommened either using real sounds, or getting a sound module such as the Korg Trition (rack version), this way you get much, much higher quality sounds than you would if you used soundfonts. Though, in some cases, soundfonts can be very good quality to, or they have the particualar sound that you're looking for, it's your call. :D
  7. bigbaddave81

bigbaddave81 New Member

I have recorded some excellent vocal tracks with an SM58... it can be done. The key to good mic sounds (on a budget) is to get a good mic pre & a comp....