Someone here has GOT to be a Loreena McKennitt fan!

Discussion in 'Artists/Band Discussion' started by Snowdragon, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Snowdragon

Snowdragon New Member

Besides me, that is! (since it seems no one here likes Apocalyptica hehe)

Anyone else here absolutely love Loreena McKennit's music? Her voice is wonderful and very expressive. Her songs are both depressing and uplifting at the same time (Suiting either mood, yea!). I love the way she puts poems and speeches to music, it really brings out the emotion in them! What does everyone else think?
  2. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

I loved the Mummers Dance. I have a midi of it somewhere. Very cool song! I feel like I'm in a paradise under a waterfall or something.. hehe :)
  3. Snowdragon

Snowdragon New Member

Mummers Dance is a great song, but certainly isn't the best representation of what she is capable of as a musician. It just happens to be the only one that hit the charts, or at least hit the radio stations. I love Mummers Dance, but there's a lot more to her than just that song :)
  4. t300ringtone

t300ringtone New Member

bonney portmore is good
  5. Snowdragon

Snowdragon New Member

That's actaully one of the songs I haven't heard. I like Dante's Prayer and Dark Night of the Soul and Stolen Child the best (I think) I haven't heard all her stuff, mostly only what I have on my CD (Book of Secrets).

I actaully really like when she puts poems to music... Like The Highwayman and The Lady of Shalott and Prospero's Speech (well, that one isn't quite a poem, but it's Shakespeare which is close enough!)

I'll have to see if anyone I know has the CD The Visit which is the one Bonny Portmore is on ^_^
  6. Twilight

Twilight New Member

I happen to like Loreena. I have all her current cds that are out.
    Twi