SONAR2 XL spillage pb with audio tracks

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by clabedan, Oct 16, 2002.

1. clabedan

clabedan New Member

Basically, never used to happen but it's been doing this for a while now. I can't record anything audio without having the other tracks, unless I mute them, (both midi and audio)being mixed down on my last audio recording... and the louder they are in the mix, the louder they appear in the last audio track as if I wanted to mix them all down together(e.g. can't get a clean audio track with just vocals for example, the wole mix will be there as well)
    If anyone could help...
    Thanks
    Christophe
  2. clabedan

clabedan New Member

Thanks... what song?? :)
  3. justforfun000

justforfun000 New Member

Do you like sonar for sequencing? I was wondering if it was easy to learn.
  4. clabedan

clabedan New Member

yes, I think it's excellent, particularly for audio recording (other than the problem I have at the moment which is probably nothing to do with Sonar)... I never liked Cubase...
  5. MB2

MB2 New Member

Are you recording directly into the computer, or are you recording through a microphone? If it is the mic, the mic is picking up the abmient sounds from the speakers. Before I had a sound card that enabled me to record directly into the computer I did the same thing. Head phones may cure your problem.
  6. clabedan

clabedan New Member

Thanks but I'm afraid it's not the solution, I do record thru a mike but with closed studio headphones and no monitors on, so there should only really be my voice there... it's a really weird one I cannot work out.... :-(
  7. MB2

MB2 New Member

Are you sure that the track you are recording is the only one armed ? I think it's the red button. What kind of sound card do you have? I have a Soundblaster Audigy. Check your sound card and make sure that the "record settings" indicate only the port you are using. With the Soundblaster, if the record setting is "what-you-hear" instead of the port being used for recording, it will bleed no matter what the Sonar settings are.
  8. clabedan

clabedan New Member

There's definitely only that track being armed... but you may be right regarding the settings... I use a EMU APS soundcard with KX drivers... I haven't worked out yet how to find the settings but you're the second person suggesting it may be similar to the what you hear function in the soundblaster card...
    Thanks againfor the help :)