song rythmns

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by gooseander, Apr 27, 2005.

1. gooseander

gooseander New Member

does anyone know a free programme that can tell you what rythmn is being used when you play a midi file.van basko only shows the relevant instruments.
    dave
  2. Graeme

Graeme New Member

I must be having a bad hair day - I don't even understand the question.
  3. gooseander

gooseander New Member

when i listen to a midi file i like to know what rythmn it was in, eg rumba, foxtrot etc
    then when i print out the melody i can setup my keyboard accordingly.
  4. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Is that necessary? I doubt the keyboard's settings have much impact on or dependence for incoming data from a computer.
  5. fidelio

fidelio New Member

I know that Band-In-A-Box can change a midi's rhythm like foxtrot, rhumba, cha-cha etc to another one. It does it quite well and it's fun to hear your midi being played in a new rhythm.
  6. terymar

terymar New Member

NTONYX HAVE PRODUCED A PROGRAM WHERE YOU CAN EXTRACT OR CREATE PATTERNS FROM EXISTING MIDI FILES, IN ATTEMPT TO MAKE YOUR OWN.
    NAMING A PATTERN DOSN,T REALLY MEAN THAT MUCH. EVEN IF YOU ARE TRYING RELATE A "HOME KEYBOARD" STYLE TO THAT OF KNOWN TUNE, (BAR AND HALF BAR FILL-INS )HELP A LITTLE WHEN WORKING WITH 3/4 AND TWELVE BAR STYLES.
    YOU MIGHT TRY VISITING A COMMERCIAL SITE WHERE SOME DISPLAY THERE TUNES BY STYLE .,IE.,SAMBA FROM A RHUMBA FROM A TANGO FROM A SALSA-
    Last edited: May 24, 2005