Sound Canvas Roland

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by carger, Oct 9, 2003.

1. carger

carger New Member

Hi!
    Anyone ever try Roland Virtual Sound Canvas I would like your opinions about this software.I find it sounds great and is a lot cheaper than buying the SC88 sound module.What I would really like to know is why does a karaoke song in VANBASCO suddenly jam at the begining of the song this only happens in some songs?

Thanx!
    Carger
    :cool:
  2. kerbo

kerbo New Member

Hi!
    I agree that vsc sounds great. I sometimes get a hangup when starting some midifiles, thats because it wont load properly. When i look in the playlist there is no playtime present at those times. If i drag the file into the playlist a couple of times, or if i first move the file. It will work.
    Maybe your problem is simular. Cant find the reason though.
  3. frchung

frchung New Member

Just saw this thread about Roland VSC supporters, great!
    I have both the VSC3.2 and the real SC88 Pro, what I can say is that the real thing still sounds much, much better!! I have no regret having paid a much high price for that hardware synth module.

SC88-Pro has 1117 sounds and 42 drum sets, while VSC has 902 sounds and 26 drum sets. Nevertherless the VSC is a great software to get good sounds at a very affordable price from a normal sound card, great upgrade!

Hurray for Roland supporters !!
  4. i am bobski

i am bobski New Member

I totally agree about VSC. I installed it a while ago for use within CUBASE. I was amazed at the overall quality of the sounds
  5. fwhone

fwhone New Member

A slight delay

Always remember to be careful using VSC to record. It has a latentcy delay which must be taken into account.
    Also your recording won't sound any better than you sound board can make it :)
  6. zerooooz

zerooooz New Member

when press play SC is working late. delay.

But yamaha softsynthteizer XG50 is good