Sound Fonts in Cakewalk

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by electricsheep, Dec 9, 2002.

1. electricsheep

electricsheep New Member

i'm having trouble using sound fonts in Cakewalk PA 9. The option is greyed out when i try to use it. I have a Soundblaster PCI 128 sound card and have e-mailed Creative already regarding whether or not it is capable of using sound fonts and they said: "yes, but they refer to them as wave sets."
    How do i get sound fonts working? Please help!
  2. lostdave

lostdave 'EVIL' Mod

soundfonts in ANY cakewalk product are a nightmare.
    You are better off loading them in using voyetra and then just addresssing the Card as a MIDI device.

Dave
  3. electricsheep

electricsheep New Member

thanks...
    i will check out that software. i'm new to editing/sequencing and i just can't wait to try sound fonts.
  4. Jobu

Jobu New Member

I've used Soundfonts in conjuction with cakewalk 9 on 3 or 4 different computers and 5 different operating systems and it has never been a nightmare. Make sure you have Audio HQ installed and when all else fails reinstall.
  5. BlackHawk

BlackHawk New Member

Seems to work fine here with an SB Live Platinum sound card. The SoundFont option has never been greyed out for me... (I use SONAR 2, by the way.)

I'd say the same as everyone else. Make sure that the AudioHQ is installed properly. Oh, and also do make sure you have allocated enough RAM for the SoundFonts to be loaded. If you have an 8MB set and have only allocated 8MB of RAM to SoundFonts, then it is pretty obvious that you won't be able to load any more SoundFonts into memory and use them.