sound modules

Discussion in 'Sequencing Hardware' started by riskynice, Jun 24, 2002.

1. riskynice

riskynice New Member

hey...trying to write a midi track for a college assignment(with not a lot of time!) iam runnig logic on a pc and iam using a korg x5 as a midi keyboard.

trouble is the only sound i can get out of that set up comes from my sound cards internal synth which inspires little creativity. i want to use the korg as the sound module/generator and record its sounds as midi files but no matter what i do i cant get that to work.

any thoughts would be appreciated thanks
  2. nuorder72

nuorder72 New Member

sound modules?

Hi,

I had the same problem when I purchased my first keyboard.
    I am not familiar with the program that you are using, but I use cakewalk and I went to the "Settings" menu and chose "Midi Devices" or perhaps Midi output....just change the setting to your external synth module or midi controlling keyboard.

If you need any more help, please send a message.
  3. riskynice

riskynice New Member

hey.... i've tried changing all the settings internal to the sequencer and theres no difference. there isnt a setting that relates to my keyboard specifically so theres really nothing to select. there is a setting labelled uart which i think is the rite one but once selected theres no sound. iam wondering if i need drivers for my k/board or something.....

quite annoying
  4. nuorder72

nuorder72 New Member

are you sure that you have your cords hooked up to the right spot? I know that the output from the module goes into the input into your keyboard and vice versa....i.e., the plugs going out of the keyboard are out goes to in and in goes to out, etc...it is all backwards...very weird.
  5. charsher47

charsher47 New Member

im havin the same problem this is useless