SoundBlaster all the way...

Discussion in 'Computers' started by ButSam, Aug 20, 2003.

1. ButSam

ButSam New Member

I still haven't heard any better than what a SoundBlaster can provide...of course, to really hear what the SoundBlaster puts out, one needs quality speakers, and at least a subwoofer. The ability to use the enhanced environmental sounds to tweak any sound in a certain way is just the coolest as well! Especially since (at least with the Platinum) you can do almost any combination imaginable! Then there's the MIDI interfacing board that is just slick as can be.

Well, there's my 2 cents. For the PC, SoundBlaster wins hands-down.

Sam
  2. ROCKSURLY

ROCKSURLY New Member

i have a SB Live! Value, love it, though it's cheap, no problems
  3. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

Has to be soundblaster all the way, I use the SB Live and it is good. Couple that with a Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 surround sound with sub woofer and it is very good.
  4. Dimava

Dimava New Member

I have a Sound Blaster 2 Audigy Platinum, and its pretty much the best thing you can get for home-surround sound. But if you were to go pro, like DJ with your comp, you could get a more commercial sound card.
  5. LP_rox_5379

LP_rox_5379 New Member

yeah, i've got a soundblaster too, sounds wicked as, even for midis the instruments sound quite real...
  6. john151

john151 New Member

Soundblaster fan all the way.
  7. MR-6T9R

MR-6T9R New Member

Nothing compares to the SB Audigy 2 Platium :thumbsup:
  8. Treton

Treton New Member

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum and I love it.
  9. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Guest

For gaming, The Audigy 2 series is the best. It pains me to say that too. I have an Audigy 1 and I have read at alot of forums that say the entire Audigy line (1 mostly, but 2 on occasion) has hardware compatibility problems. I've yet to try the latest versions (ZS & NX or whatever) but my Audigy one does have odd hardware quirks that I wish I could fix.

While many got to other cards, no other card has EAX3/HD, a must for new games. I wish other sound cards would get this but till then "bear" with audigy.

-GB
  10. win3000

win3000 New Member

I bought a Sound Blaster Live! DE 5.1 for only HK$250..
    It is very good!
  11. Bond007

Bond007 New Member

Soundblaster rocks man, I got SB Audigy Gamer with their new T5400 speakers. it's insane! If you're lookin for new 5.1 speakers get the T5400!
  12. technotaz

technotaz New Member

yep...agree tat Creative Sound Blaster does wonders for PC sound...
    got my audigy gamer card at a warehouse sale they were holding...at half the retail price(i'm in singapore)! refurbished stock but working w/o a hitch...n immediately heard the different after installating.
    another thing...comparing the specs of audigy and audigy 2, i dun see the worth in the pricing difference. jus marketing gimmick i guess...