suggestions for mixing up a medley

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by chris2x, Aug 24, 2002.

1. chris2x

chris2x New Member

i have audio files, ranging in quality, type (midi and mp3 in particular) and genre - any suggestions on how i go about it?

right now the first step to my plan seems to be to install a software XG synthesizer, record its output for the MIDI.

but after that, i'm not quite sure if i'm going to do it right, and i'm sure there will be better approaches to it.

the songs are the ff. btw...

karyn white - superwoman
    r kelly - i believe i can fly
    seal - kiss from a rose
    marc anthony, tina arena - i want to spend my lifetime loving you
    five for fighting - superman
    destiny's child - independent women

(it's a superhero theme btw... - any more song suggestions are really welcome too)

i'll be using sound forge 4.5 and cakewalk pro 9 btw.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2002
  2. tc_chicago

tc_chicago New Member

here is how i would go about it.

first convert all your midi files to music.

you should now have a collection of all the songs you want to include in the medley.

next step is to figure out the beats per minute of the song. as a dj, you would not want to play a fast song then a slow song. the medley should sort of blend together. with this said, arrange your songs by beats per minute, then work your way up in beats.

you can do all this in sound forge. paste each song one at a time and find good spots for the transitions.

hope this helps.

tc
  3. tommy

tommy New Member

mp3 dude

You need to figure out how to convert everything to same format. I would suggest MP3. Hopefully your midi software supports or you can buy plugin for converting output of virtual synth to mp3.
  4. Valerian.M

Valerian.M New Member

Could anyone kindly provide me the midi file for "Superwoman" - by Karyn White,.........Thank You